How can I adress the longsword swing sound to all claymores?

WilliamTael

As Pekka pointed out originally, there are two ways to replace that sound. The more complicated way uses the Construction Set, as outlined in the resources linked above. The simpler way just involves extracting a file from the vanilla game Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, renaming the file to match the file you want to replace and then placing that renamed file in the correct folder path in your game (NOT in the vanilla game Oblivion - Sounds.bsa).

BSA Unpacker is the very same tool that comes in Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) ... you just don't need to start all of OBMM just to extract a file. Sounds to me like you got that far in any case (extracted the file you want from Oblivion - Sounds.bsa) ... now all you need to do is rename it to match the one you want to replace and then create the proper folder path in your game's Data folder (it will probably not already have those folders because the vanilla game uses the sounds from Oblivion - Sounds.bsa).

The last part to getting this "replacer" method to work is archive invalidation (something you can do in OBMM). Open OBMM and click Utilities and select Archive Invalidation. In the Archive Invalidation dialogue select BSA Redirection and if you use the Steam version of the game click on Reset BSA Timestamps. Finish by clicking on Update Now and close OBMM.

If you put you renamed the replacement file correctly and placed it in the correct folder path you should now here it in game.

Thank you for the information! I just placed the correct renamed file inside the right folder structure (Data/FX...etc), just by using Windows. I've used OBMM just to extract the original sound file.

Oki. Thats perfect. :)

Well now you know what to do if you use other exchangers and the game act weird. Well most work with the method Striker did describe, I must add with OBMM, but when I tried to exchange armors and clothes for a specific body, the boobs pointed all over the place when I tried it as it couldn't find the skeleton I was using and that is odd as Striker do get that skeleton to work perfect with that method in an older message for that specific skeleton. But with SkyBSA, the boobs did look normal again. I do guess that the game might work different now with all different dll files I use and installed to get the game more stable. So the original skeleton do not work great with that body exchanger for sure. I do not care about the boobs really but I do want them to not point all over the place as that was disturbing.

A tip for anybody who wants compatibility with any armor mods (so those that have BBB and those that don't) is to install the BBB compatible skeleton.nif but don't install any BBB animation replacer. What you'll then have is no bouncing boobs, and no "boobs to infinity".