Follower Package Being Overridden somewhere

Hello everyone! I am a relatively new Fallout 4 modder but have plenty of experience with the creation kit from previous titles so I know my way around.

I have recently been trying to make a simple mod that replaces the companion wait action with a small sandbox near the area they were told to wait. To accomplish this I modified the FollowersCompanionPackage's second action from Travel to wait marker to sandbox at wait marker. However when in game I found that the companion will just stay put like normal.

Interestingly the iFollower_Com_Wait value, which the script/conditions say is supposed to tell the follower to wait, is not being set when checked through the ingame console. When manually set, nothing happens either.

However when the companion is in follow mode and this value is set through the in-game console, the sandbox package will work as I intended it. I assume this means that there is a hard function that is triggered when that wait command is processed which overrides the followers script entirely.

My initial reaction that somewhere there is a secondary package (maybe related to commands?) that is being triggered through some function like mentioned above overriding the followers package (contradicting the script's comments). I have searched through all related follower quests, scripts and packages and could not find what is overriding it.

I was wondering if anyone here has run into this or could maybe offer some advice?

When trying to figure packages out you GOTTA find out what is actually active with a script and then walk that back to the conditions and owner:

Debug.Trace("SKK_Global.GetActorInfo CurrentPackage, " + ThisActor.GetCurrentPackage() )

If you are not handy with scripting that line is from a global debug log dump utility standalone mod under misc files SKKGlobalUtility_002 here.

Trying to figure it out without knonwing what is actually active is ... [ insert endless frustration here ]

T

When trying to figure packages out you GOTTA find out what is actually active with a script and then walk that back to the conditions and owner:

Debug.Trace("SKK_Global.GetActorInfo CurrentPackage, " + ThisActor.GetCurrentPackage() )

If you are not handy with scripting that line is from a global debug log dump utility standalone mod under misc files SKKGlobalUtility_002 here.

Trying to figure it out without knonwing what is actually active is ... [ insert endless frustration here ]

Thanks for the help!

I actually didnt know about the debug.trace function and learned some really good information reading up on it. After doing as you suggested I found that wait actually calls the CommandMode_Travel package rather than the wait portion of the Followers package for some reason. I was able to get it working in the end knowing that though, thanks again

Edited by modernmenace123