ENB's randomly getting very dark

Lucarioyo

So I've had this happen to two ENB's, ONIX and NEVADA. I will play normally and then suddenly everything gets very dark, the loading screen, the game, and the quality of the ENB just goes out the window for seemingly no reason and the skin of people gets really dark, like some skins will turn burnt red to orange. Then I will wait until day-time and it will randomly go back to being normal, only for it to randomly change back and now I've been stuck in it. Re-starting the game, re-installing the ENB, loading different saves, nothing has fixed it *though these solutions worked before). Tried turning off project reality also, but didn't do it either. The loading screen looks like it went through photoshop deep fry at 20%.

help please for the sake of my sanity.

This is how it looks when it isn't f*#@y

20210207221929_1.jpg

How it looks when it randomly f*#@s up, skin gets baked, lighting quality gets wrecked, loading screens get deep fried and interiors are too dark to see.

20210208153454_1.jpg

Random occurrences suggest failing memory (often due to overheating) or the ENB is switching shaders for some obscure reason. I would check with the ENB site for similar reports, as well as install a temperature monitoring program like "Open Hardware Monitor". You might want to try running an overnight "memory test" if the problem is not restricted to just this game.

-Dubious-

Uh, I doubt it's going to be a hardware issue. If it were, there'd be artifacting up the wazoo, rather than shaders swapping out.

Have you tried disabling the Steam Overlay, and any other injectors (MSI Afterburner, FXAA injector via NVidia's driver, etc)?

If you did the shaderpackage tweak, where you swap ShaderPackage19 with another, change it back.

Just FYI from the Viva New Vegas guide:

"ENBs were never fully developed for New Vegas like they were for Skyrim/Fallout 4. They have a ton of bugs and performance issues, such as broken Anti-aliasing and objects becoming transparent. They also use a lot of vision-obscuring effects like depth of field, lens flares, bloom, and chromatic aberration to obscure the broken Anti-aliasing, which makes hem very hard to play with. They are also incompatible with New Vegas Tick Fix's memory improvements"

and

"ENBoost: New Vegas Tick Fix has much better memory management than ENBoost, and will increase performance/decrease stuttering more. ENBoost also needs a lot of system-specific configuration to work properly and can degrade performance without proper tweaking."