Sebastien95

• 5 months later...

As others have said, the Greybeards shouldn't be involved, lore-wise. Neloth would indeed be a better choice. Also, traveling back in time with the Wooden Mask would be another good path, but it would add the task of expanding Bromjunaar Sanctuary and/or creating a cell of new content.

On the other hand, if you use Bromjunaar and add your own past dragon priest, you could have it voiced, while Arngeir and Neloth would have to silently communicate the new dialogue.

Your idea seems pretty nice, however it is indeed a little lore-breaking to have the greybeards create some kind of armor or weapon for you. SO I think that Neloth would indeed be a great choice. You might even want to involve a lot of other different characters like eorlund and falion; this could be done by let's say:

Sometime after the installation of this mod and/or filling in the requirements. Neloth would appear (when outside of combat of course) in spectral form (just like the high elf mage in the sarthaal quest) and tell you he learned something that might interest you. You go to his place on Solstheim and he tells you he located some blueprints for the creation of a dragon priest mask. You would have to fetch them from a custom nordic ruin close or Inside the labyrinthium area. When you get back to him, he studies the blueprints (might take some time) then gives you a strange soulgem capable of absorbing a dragon's soul and sends you to hunt a dragon. Once you fill the gem (and you're out of combat) he will appear again and tell you to go to whiterun and talk to Eorlund. Once you reach him, Neloth is already waiting for you at the Skyforge. He asks for some rare materials (dragonscales/bones, ebony, some orchialchum etc) and tells eorlund to forge the mask of your choice (the designs could perhaps have a link with the old nordic animal gods from the dragon cult period). Then He tells you to go find his collegues Falion and Calcelmo so they can help him in the creation of an enchanting device capable of harnessing the dragon soul's power. After that you might have to find some dwemer materials and soulgems (maybe those strange stones you loot from the giants in the forgotten vale from the DG DLC). When the mask is finally created you could have a large choice of dragon tongue names. And voilà!

Just an idea. Do with it whatever you like (BTW the timetravel thing could fit in the nordic ruin dungeon, perhaps using the wooden mask to get from one place to another)

I love the concept, but I think that you guys are making it way too overcomplicated. The more moving parts a mod like this has, the more potential it has to go wrong and the less likely it is that a modder will be willing to make it. Simply place a special forge somewhere (maybe Labyrinthian) with a book next to it called "The Masked Ones", which gives some details about how the most important Dragon Priests were granted masks. The book should imply that these masks were made on special forges by the dragons for their most loyal followers, but one with the soul of a dragon and sufficient skill in the art of smithing could replicate such a feat. The special forge can be used to make unenchanted masks. That way you can name and enchant them yourselves.

This is a lot simpler than getting other NPCs involved and I think forging it yourself without the help of others makes it feels more personal.

Try the Dragon Priest Armory module from Konahrik's Accoutrements. Among a host of other badass things, it lets you craft your very own dragon priest style mask from whatever material you like, which you can then enchant freely.

Edited by Hyacathusarullistad

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i think this mod would be great, all though it would be cool if Hermaeus Mora Gave you your own mask after killing Miraak, and have it pick up from there. That would interest a lot more people to the mod considering that some have killed Paarthurnax.

It would be a gift from Hermaeus Mora for being his new 'Champion'. Also it should bring up a menu where you get to chose from a variety of styles/shapes, colors/patterens and enchantments/buffs.

Just thought I would give my two cents worth for this mod, I would help make this if I had the knowledge. Glad I could help, if I helped.

I really like this idea. And I have a couple of ideas to add. I agree making something like get 10000 of this item would be bad. but, maybe a multipart quest. Talk to falion about the masks, he sends you to neloth to have him make a couple of expiriments. that's fairly easy. neloth wants u to cast a spell with the wooden mask on, and it works partially, maybe a second time using heartstone. then return to falion who sends you to parthy and parthy gives u a date and time to go to. and a place. you go to said place, go in use mask with heartstone on person (uses it up) you fight a small dungeon vs the dragon cult. at the end is a book of hidden enchantments, and a book on how they made the masks. I would suggest that the unenchanted mask could be made at the skyforge (with eorland assistance) then you go to parthy and he has the greybeards thum while he puts his dragon fire breath on it. and that enchants the mask. the enchantments are chosen and each one has a different thum to be used and a different dragon breath weapon depending on what you choose. and parthy knows all the breaths so.... and maybe collect a dragon bone for heavy, dragon scale for light, a soul gem (filled) depending on the enchantments you choose. and definitely have to have konarik and miraaks mask. and maybe the other 3 from solsteim too.

Dragonborn, with the immortal dovah sil and the body of a mortal. Who would be better to be the link aka medium aka priest between the dovah and mortals. Very good idea!

Hell, I was even disappointed that in Vanilla you can´t really influence the relationship between dragons and the people of Skyrim, one would think that in a land torn by civil war the giant flying lizzards would be moved to bring about the victor!!

But alas rather than a dragon sealed within a mortal body the PC is rather simply a dragon slayer who took on their magic.

Whatever: for the look I propose a dragonbone mask, or rather more of a helmet consisting out of the jagged crown and a vanilla facemask with dragonbone texture.

Having to collect all the other masks would mean you get your custom mask only quite late in the game, I would rather like some Dragonpriest vs Dragonpriest fights! :woot:

Instead of the other masks being a criteria to forge your own, why not make each of them necessary to upgrade your own mask.

Perhaps we can get the mask made we can ask edhelsereg - Konahriks Accoutrements - Dragon Priest Armory http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32458/? - to add our custom mask?

Than we would not need to create a new quest for it.

• 11 months later...

What should be is a dragonpirest mask made from ebony, dragon bone/scale(for heavy/light) and stalrim, as these are revered by nords as being powerful materials. It should have a custom hood design with the imperial dragon( the symbol of dragon emperors) on it and have armored robes if using konariks accouterments. then the enchantment would obviously have shout cool down, and boost skills. It should come with a pendant and ring.The pendant giving a defense effect and ring fortifying the damage/length/effect of all shouts.

The mod should have a destruction staff, weapon set (optionaly enchanted and basic), shield and battle armor which would be ancient nord armor in the style of mask and robes. It should have an option for either a standard nord hemlet or helm of Yngol.( the nord helmet should incorporate the female version like standard).It should have a crown like the jagged crown. the weapons would look like ancient weapons but just more intimidating. A crossbow that can have the armor ignore buff by choice. The bolts and arrows should have fire, ice and shock, and a special anti-dragon version that is a 24 standard arrow blessed by Paarthuunax for a dragon soul. For mages who use the mage armor perk there should be blue Shjic order robes with the dragon symbol on them.

There should be a trial for the robes, then one for armor then weapons then several to obtain the mask. At the end an elder scroll should be obtained to unlock crafting of all items in the unenchanted version (except the elemental arrows).

Edit: If someone would make this my game would be complete.

Edited by Struntuzven