We will probably fight the Thalmor in 2018

nightinglae850

Fallout 4 will be next. Without a shadow of a doubt. New Vegas was a spin-off developed by Obsidian, and as such doesn't effect the simple pattern of Elder Scrolls>Fallout>Elderscrolls and so forth. Plus, Elder Scrolls Online is coming out later this year. It would be incredibly stupid on their part to be releasing an Elder Scrolls game on top of the MMO people will be playing.

Before anyone says anything, yes I know Elder Scrolls Online isn't developed by Bethesda. The point is, it would be a bad idea from a business standpoint to over saturate the consumers with elder scrolls. Better to let the MMO stand alone, sink or swim for a few years. After 2 years or so people will be tired of it most likely, and will be more welcoming to a return to the single player version of Elder Scrolls.

Edited by Kraeten

Zenimax is making ESO right and you say Obsidian is making Fallout Series, who made Doom 3 and Dishonored, because Bethesda could be working on the Next TES Game because of ESO

If you would have read his post correctly he stated that is exactly the reason Bethesda wont be making another ES game next. It doesn't matter if Bethesda itself is making ESO, it wouldn't be a good business decision to try and sell an elder scrolls game right on top of the release of ESO, it would be financial suicide. and obsidian making FNV has nothing to do with the typical pattern Bethesda follows when releasing their blockbusters. I agree with Kreaten, the next Bethesda game HAS to be Fallout 4 for the company's sake, it just wouldn't make sense for them to make another Elder Scrolls game right now as much as you, me, and everyone else (I am assuming) in this forum would like them to.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

In retrospect, the next location may depend a bit on how far Bethesda wants to take the Thalmor thing. They've gone out of their way to establish the Thalmor as bad guys, and a game set on Summerset (no pun intended) will almost certainly use them as important antagonists.

Now that could mean they'll be saving Summerset for some kind of finale, or they might want to get the Thalmor out of the way so they can move on to new ideas with the other settings. Honestly, the next game could be set in any of the remaining regions depending on exactly what they have planned.

• 1 month later...