Steam and Epic Launcher Issues

So I've had this issue for a few months now but I figured asking on here was a good solution. Recently my desktop starting having this problem where it wouldn't turn off normally when I clicked the shutdown option, the longest I waited to see if this was the case was 40 minutes, which led me to forcibly shut it down while the shutting down message was displayed. I use Windows 10 if that info helps. After that it entered into a self-repair mode and completed that process. Now, I've not had that shutdown problem as often and my system works seemingly the same as before, however neither my Steam or Epic Launchers will consistently download games anymore. There are brief intervals where I will get enough download speed to install something over say the course of a few hours but most times they get around 8-10 MB before flatlining. I've tried changing download regions and cache clearing and everything else I could find but the issue remains. I'd love to hear if any of you have ever experienced something this confusing before. I'm not great at computer usage but I do learn little by little and would appreciate any help available.

Windows 10 Home, Version 1909 and the OS build is 18363.1316 if that helps. How would I go about upgrading to the same version? If I do that would it affect anything else on my system because apparently more things are connected than I thought on this system? I had to delete and reinstall Steam when I was testing to see if I could fix the issue but in the process it deleted all my games from the Epic Launcher as well.

Windows 10 Home, Version 1909 and the OS build is 18363.1316 if that helps. How would I go about upgrading to the same version? If I do that would it affect anything else on my system because apparently more things are connected than I thought on this system? I had to delete and reinstall Steam when I was testing to see if I could fix the issue but in the process it deleted all my games from the Epic Launcher as well.

In-place by using a w10 home iso with the same build or higher. (windows 10 will auto mount it as dvd, so u just have to run the setup). When asked, keep your files, do not perform a clean install.

It's worth a try.

Yeah, I think 20H2 is the latest and greatest version. Just need a thumb drive of 8gb or more. Use the 'media creation tool' available from MS, to get the ISO, and then just run it from within windows. (don't boot from the thumb drive....) It takes a bit, but, fixes a host of issues. :)

Just tried out your guys' methods and it's not 100% obvious that it's working properly now but I'm currently at a stable 5+ MB/s. I'll come back later with updates

Edit: It flatlined after about 20 minutes but came back to 4 MB before dropping to KB and has flatlined again

Concerning shutdown issues, I haven't had those in a while. I'll try to contact them directly to see if they can help because the options in their advice section for downloads didn't really help. Do you think Epic support might be helpful too?

Since it wasnt mentioned, have u tried to restart the modem/router?
Also possible worth a try to update the modem/router os (if u can).

Or any AntiVir that may block it?

Also worth a try to un- and clean reinstall the network driver.