Oblivion-style RP, Needs a Time Frame

Somnazul

Timing is everything.  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What time period should it (loosely) be set in?

• Before Oblivion Crisis
    • During Oblivion Crisis
    • After the Oblivion Crisis
    • What does it matter? We just want an Oblivion RP!

Hi, I only recently scrolled down on the forum page to even notice there was a RP section here. I'm Somnazul, nice ta meet'cha! I'd love ta make a role play with all'v ya. I have 9 years of RP experience so don'tcha worry, you're in good hands.

Down to the real deal here. I would like to make an Oblivion-style RP in that it is set mostly in Cyrodiil and the time is relative to the Oblivion Crisis. I'm just not sure of the time frame so I need some votes.

Also, any suggestions as to what you would want to see in such a RP are more than welcome... THEY ARE MANDATORY. Nah, jus' kiddin'.

Anyway, here are some things I already have in mind. These guidelines to give you all an idea of what to expect.

1. Zombie-Skin, my protagonist, will be very important to the story. Will he dominate the story and run the plot? No, but he is the reason why I want to do a RP set in Cyrodiil with TES IV: Oblivion mechanics. So as long as he gets his story arc in everyone else is free to do as they please in this setting even while I'm trying to make progress with his arc. Side stories are not only allowed but much appreciated as they will add to Zombie-Skin's experiences.
  2. All Elder Scrolls races are allowed. That includes Limothiit, Sload, Imga, and so on. Limothiit supposedly died out, but I don't think it impossible for a few to show up randomly.
    Exceptions: Dwemer, Chimer, Falmer, and other races that do not technically exist anymore, were changed, or disappeared like the Dwemer. You can be a Falmer if you want to be a twisted little monster though! If you want to be a Chimer, they are called Dunmer now, so get with the program.
    Even the mod races are allowed! Yes, you want to be a wolven anthro (Skyrim mod), an aquamer, Yam's spriggan, or a chocolate elf? Sure, by all means, you will just be considered strange and rare. I would prefer the more lore-based races, but I also think that modders should get some credit for adding in the new races we all enjoy.
    Exceptions: Races from movies or other games that were added in by mods like the Mithra, Vierra, Burmecians, Aliens (Xenomorphs), Predators, Na'vi, and such.
    Exception to the exception! Desire Demons. Why? Because they seem to fit in so well with the daedra.
  3. Warning: Anyone who plays a vampire or undead be sure your character will meet heavy hostility and be treated as a villain even if he/she is not. Just getting that out of the way now. It is not impossible for your character to join the group, but you will face a lot of hardship and heartache. This is how it is.
  4. If this is set just before and/or during the Oblivion Crisis there can be interaction between canon characters of the game. We just won't be going with the "hero" to save Kvatch or anything. However, there can be some interlacing story aspects. That's fine. For example, if set during the Oblivion Crisis, Zombie-Skin will be in the Imperial City Prison just down a cell from the "hero" as he/she is let loose and follows after the King. Zombie-Skin was the "hero" once, so his story will start in prison too. We also will be playing out a few game quests, specifically the Benirus Manor quest.
  5. Finally, this will follow basic lore. People can add in new things, I've added in a new town already, but they must be possible within the TES world of Nirn. This includes mentalities too so if you are a werecreature or vampire expect to be attacked. Necromancy is illegal and necromancers are hunted in Cyrodiil. Etc.