Loadout - Looking for feedback

Deazurain

Hey there,

Have you ever wished for a better favorites system? Have you ever been struggling with changing weapons or even apparel in combat? Then Loadout is a lightweight plugin that you will definitely enjoy. It allows you to store 10 unique sets of your complete outfit including weapons, spells and shouts and swap to them without interruption using hotkeys.

I have been working on a plugin for Skyrim called Loadout that enhances the favorites system. I am looking for testers who can provide feedback. The mod seems to work for other people.

If you use an xbox controller, could you tell me what kind of 'key combinations' I could use to support controllers as well? I was thinking about using Left Thumb press + arrow/symbols for saving and Right Thumb press + arrow/symbols for restoring outfits but I dont know if that will conflict with any existing events that are triggered by these keys.

Thanks in advance

Added the mod to my tracking list when i saw it in the latest files. I'm definitely gonna try it, as my current mod for this is not much older than skyrim itself. So i'm in dire need of an upgrade. =)

How would you prefer the feedback? By PM or simply on these forums?

I'll be testing it on my Shield-mage. Lots of righthanded spell switching, backup weapons and armor-providing items in slots other than the vanilla ones. (So no jewelry, hand, foot, chest and head)

Also using auto-unequip mods for arrows and shield. Will see if any conflicts occur. Same for my "Essential player" mod. (It unequips everything when you die and turns you into a ghost. it requires you re re-equip everything after resurrection.)

Alright, first impressions:

Installing:

Not a single issue when using NMM. Just download and click activate mod. That all. =)

Running first time:

Got a nice little update in the upper left corner notifying me that i've updated Loadout from version 0.00 to version 0.08. So far so good.

Quick test:

Had my standard gear equipped and bound it to key one. Which went without a hitch. Next i removed some random items and bound it to number two. After using number one to revert to my standard gear i just switched spells and bound number 3. Then the button mashing began! =D

The plugin just followed my lead and after a minute of random mashing everything still looked fine. Except for that one corner of my screen which was flooding with messages.. still, i suppose i should've expected that.

Test number two: To see if this caused any conflict with Auto-equip shield/arrows i tried holstering my weapons (and thus auto-unequiping my shield) and switching set. When i drew my sword it seemed to have no trouble re-equipping the correct shield. While untested, i assume auto-equip Arrows will react exactly the same.

Test number three:

By starting a massive fight inside dragonsreach i was hoping to get myself killed, which i managed to achieve very quickly. That's when Essential Player kicked in, turning me into a ghost and leaving me with all my loot and gear on my corpse. After re-emerging some distance away from my corpse i tried to load set one. Now some mods seem to spawn the requested items if you dont have them. This mod doesnt, which is excellent! No duplicating items i dont posses. =)

After gather my equipment from my corpse i tried again. Swoosh! all my gear just shot onto my *rather undressed* body. which seems to prove that it actually remembers what you wore, even after losing and reacquiring the items.

All in all:

Wonderfull little mod! Does all you can expect from it and doesnt dupe items after losing them.

The only little grip i have with it is that when switching from one set to another, it unequips everything before re-equipping the new set. Even when the only difference between those sets is a single ring. This makes switching single items a rather noisy business as the equipping sounds will drive you mad. now this could be resoled by removing the equipping sound, but this would leave the split-second of nudeness between switching sets. Which might look weird from 3rd person view. Preferably it would only switch items that differ from one set to another, reducing the noise and removing weird views in 3rd person view.

But beside that one little issue I have with it, it's an excellent mod!

I will definitly check this mod out as soon as it has support for controllers, even if it's just through an MCM menu where I can set just two active load outs to my Left and Right D-Pad keys.

All in all:

Wonderfull little mod! Does all you can expect from it and doesnt dupe items after losing them.

The only little grip i have with it is that when switching from one set to another, it unequips everything before re-equipping the new set. Even when the only difference between those sets is a single ring. This makes switching single items a rather noisy business as the equipping sounds will drive you mad. now this could be resoled by removing the equipping sound, but this would leave the split-second of nudeness between switching sets. Which might look weird from 3rd person view. Preferably it would only switch items that differ from one set to another, reducing the noise and removing weird views in 3rd person view.

Thank you so much for providing a detailed description of your actions and thoughts! I think I might link to your experience from the official plugin page. I explained the unequip problem here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/964036-questions/?p=7783546

I will definitly check this mod out as soon as it has support for controllers, even if it's just through an MCM menu where I can set just two active load outs to my Left and Right D-Pad keys.

What do the analog stick button presses do normally? Do you have some sort of layout that tells me what buttons do what in game?

All in all:

Thank you so much for providing a detailed description of your actions and thoughts! I think I might link to your experience from the official plugin page. I explained the unequip problem here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/964036-questions/?p=7783546

What do the analog stick button presses do normally? Do you have some sort of layout that tells me what buttons do what in game?

Pretty much the same as playing the game on xBox, clicking one stick changes from 1st to 3rd person view and the other changes me to sneak mode. The only unused buttons on my controller are the left and right d-pad keys, and that's using the default control-pad scheme skyrim gives you for plugging in a normal 360 controller.

Even though scripting is pure magic to me, that post actually makes sense. =)

And feel free to quote/link to my post. =) Can't wait to see what other magic you'll concoct over time. =P

Pretty much the same as playing the game on xBox, clicking one stick changes from 1st to 3rd person view and the other changes me to sneak mode. The only unused buttons on my controller are the left and right d-pad keys, and that's using the default control-pad scheme skyrim gives you for plugging in a normal 360 controller.

So I could quickly add a hotkey for binding via Left Stick Press + left or right arrow? Hmm.. LETS DO IT!

And feel free to quote/link to my post. =) Can't wait to see what other magic you'll concoct over time. =P

I'm glad I explained it well enough :).

Deazurain, on 09 Apr 2013 - 12:56, said:

ArtMurder, on 09 Apr 2013 - 11:41, said:

So I could quickly add a hotkey for binding via Left Stick Press + left or right arrow? Hmm.. LETS DO IT!

Urwy, on 09 Apr 2013 - 11:41, said:

I'm glad I explained it well enough :smile:.

Is it possible to have it so the left and right d-pad keys cycle through the load outs? Maybe that's a bit to complicated though. xD