New to GECK & Modding? Look Here Please.

sumoftwosins

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

thx for the links

in the Garden of Eden Creation Kit is there a whay to clone a weapon/armor so i can change the stats of the clone weapon/armor for example increase the rate of fire for a weapon

Yes. You just open the item you want to work with and rename the id. This makes a clone of it and retains the original values. Then you alter the stuff you want in the new one. Then you can add that item to a container or loot list. Just search and you'll find the info on adding your item to the game.

If you didn't plan on distributing the mod, you can just change the original and use it as is for your own purposes. Most people tend to avoid mods that replace stock items in the game, so it is best to clone it and make a unique version of said item.

sweet thread dude, cant wait to really get into the modding, for some reason I'm really lazy about it.

can anyone tell me what instail of nifskope I need, if I really even need it and python 2 because I really dont want to download them, im certain they crashed my comp last time

• 4 weeks later...
The problem with experience is you always get it after you need it. Modding is all about trial and error. There might be a few geniuses that have mystical mod making powers, but most of us just keep trying until we get it right. The only thing experience does is help you know ahead of time what is possible and what isn't.
sumoftwosins

Kudo's To You For a Good Job!

• 2 months later...