New to GECK & Modding? Look Here Please.

sumoftwosins

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm really..really..really newbie about mod..i've searching in the thread and posts about this particular abbreviations words like FOMM, FOSE, FOOK, FOIP, FWE, EVE, MMM etc.....but at last, i made it!

So, i want to suggest (maybe in he FAQ thread) about all "special" abbreviations include links. i think it will be useful for newbie like me

Thanks B4...

Edited by Jinkurabawa

• 1 month later...

I were wonder if I could choose which weapons to appear in the game.

After downloading Apocalypse Armory I noticed there were to amny new weapons and that i just wanted a few of them to be in my game.

So i've been searching around a bit and found some things saying that I should use the geck, but im not quite sure how.

Is there any nice person out here that'd be willing to help?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I know the difference between an ESM and an ESP, but the stuff I read about ESM says that they are limited as to how much I can decorate them what is this limit? I have a worldspace and vault I plan to convert into an ESM after including some resources I have downloaded (with proper credit given where its due) and I want to know where my work will be undone.

• 1 month later...

keeping on topic: thanks for the pointers :D

cheers!!

i guess going through all of them will take me a couple of weeks at least.

no point in trying to run when you're still learning to stand and walk.

baby steps for this newb modder heh :dance:

• 1 month later...
I didn't see an answer for this problem in the forums so I'll post it. Sorry if there was an answer and I missed it. I am modifying the wastlend area nearby Arefu. I deleted so rocks, added some trees, etc. The problem I have is that the game keeps redrawing the items in that I deleted. There are kinda half there. You can see them, and they are very burred, but they are there, and you can walk through them as if they aren't there. My have found that if I leave the area, them fast travel back they are gone, but the more I move around in the area the more these items reapear. My best guess is that it is trying to load up fallouts, default map, but my plugin is trying to delete the items. Some sort of conflict there I guess, but not sure what to do to change it. Probobaly can't but I'm trying anyway. Any Ideas? it's most likely something simple, but I'm new to modding and can't seem to figure out some things. Mostly I learn by trial and error.

• 2 weeks later...

Could use some help as someone who is new to modding.

When I load up my mod (following the "my first vault tutorial" on the GECK website), I get the message

"FORMS: Ducplicate form ID (01000EA6) encountered in file "Vault 74.esp"

Context: DEFAULT "Yes to all with disable all Warnings for this context."

If I press Yes to all and load up my vault, part of my vault will be missing (and the missing part is in my other spare saved .esp)

Also, I would really appreciate it if someone could indentify these tiles for me, or if there is already a screenshot with them all listed.

http://geck.bethsoft.com/images/thumb/7/77/Overall_Layout02.jpg/800px-Overall_Layout02.jpg

Edited by Howelly123