New to GECK & Modding? Look Here Please.

sumoftwosins

Hopefully one of you wonderful people will be able to help resolve an issue that I am having.

I have made a number of textures for outfits, however I am unable to save them due to a program error in the version of Photoshop that I have. I do have the NVIDIA plug-in that allows for the DSS files to be opened, edited, and saved, however when it comes to saving it seems to fail terribly. It isn't telling me what type of error is taking place apart from saying "Program Error" at the end of its message. I am using Photoshop 6.0.1, which has served me well for many years now. Does anyone know a way that I can resolve this issue?

*edit Sept. 23, 2011*

Resolved issue after getting GIMP and plug-in for DDS files. Things in this thread helped me trouble shoot things, so I find it very helpful. Thanks for putting all this information in one thread.

Just have to update some of the links due to some no longer working.

Edited by CoreXion

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

FYI I'm getting a warning of bad craziness from my antivirus and from WOT on the link:

EGM File Generator

This nifty tool creates the critical file needed to keep head wear correctly located on people.

Be advised before checking her out. If I can find some alt posting or if there's one uploaded to the Nexus I'll re-post the link for us in these replies.

Edited by Agnithrax

Sorry Guys, psychodogstudios.com where the file's at doesn't seem to have a clean link. Web of trust does seem to like psychodogstudios when you go and look them up and it seems to me that it's their server, Bluehost, that's caught a little something something. The server that Bluehost has psychodogstudios.com on is IP 69.89.27.204 in Provo at latitude -111.613300 & longitude 40.218100, but for all that I can't get us there without catching the clap. I was going to reverse lookup, but chickened out as Bluehost would be the domain name registrar and I suspect the icky poo whatever is in Bluehost and not pychodogstudios page. If you're more man than I, your tracert oughta come up Provo at the servers IP above and if you don't know how to get the url's IP you ought not to try this. I had high hopes that it was just a corrupt link, sorry my look see ended in fears n tears. Cheers!

• 2 months later...

hi im new to the modding part altho ive been using them for long time

i would want to modify an existing mod for personal use and mayby later with permissions or so publicly but when i want to open the file in geck it doesnt work cuz it uses all the master files can anyone help me

• 2 months later...

Hi all. Ok..new to the Geck..but learning slowly. :smile: I have just two questions on items. Right now I have a mod loaded.

Q.1 I am trying to change a dresser's activity. It's not usable in the game. How do I make it usable?

Q,2 How do I add usable locker's and place them just right? Sorry if i being annoying or bothersome. Just trying to fix thing's in a mod i DL and love. :confused:

• 1 month later...

phoenix777 - Hello!

Setting a Protectron & Pod up is pretty easy as all the parts are in the game ready.

Depending on what you need you can copy & paste the pre made ones or you can set one up from scratch.

To copy & paste a pre made Protectron & Pod, go to GECK's Cell View window & locate WarehouseRobots - Drag'n'Drop Robots. Calling that up will take you to a room with pod & Protectrons already set up for you to copy & paste.

They come in several varieties, some have AI Packages that make them check for tickets & the like so if you're not wanting them to do that be careful which you use.

Taking a look at the Protectron's AI Packages will let you know what their set up to do.

Use left click & CTRL to select the pod, Protectron & Terminal you want to use & CTRL C to copy them.

You can then use CTRL V to paste them into the cell you want them to run in. Just drag them about to place exactly where you want them.

You can customise them, just remember to make them a unniqe version by changing their ID, AFTER you've copied them from the WarehouseRobots location. You don't want to change all references to the vanilla ones. :smile:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Or, to set up from scratch, you need:

From Activator:

ProtectronPod01

From Terminal:

genericProtectronTerminal (Wall mounted version)

Or:

genericProtectronTerminalDesk (Desktop version)

From Creature:

genericPodProtectron

Make the Protectron your own unique version, so you can make changes to it without changing all references, by changing the ID & clicking OK.

Open your version of the Protectron & click on the "AI Packages" tab.

Right click on the empty lined box in that & select "Add".

Find & double click on:

ProtectronTurnOn

Repeat & add:

ProtectronNotActive

Click OK on your Protectron's details window to save.

Place you terminal where you want it.

Place your Pod where you want it, double click on it & select "Open by default" as that will make it easier to position your Protectron in it.

Place your Protectron inside it, place him way back so his arms don't poke out the Pod door when it's closed. No one will see if his back's clipping the inside back wall of the pod but they will see if his arms poke out.

Double click on your Protectron to bring up it's window, tick "Persistent Reference" so we can link to him & click OK.

Once all three are placed, double click on your terminal & select the "Linked Ref" tab.

Left click on the "Select Reference in Render Window" & a red target will come up. Hover that over the Protectron & it will turn white, double click to select the Protectron. Close the window with OK.

Double click on your Pod & select the "Activate Parents" tab.

Right click on the empty lined box in that & select "New".

Left click on the "Select Reference in Render Window" & a red target will come up. Hover that over the Protectron & it will turn white, double click to select the Protectron. Close the window with OK.

You should now untick the "Open by default" on the Pod.

Save your plugin & you're ready to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things to note:

Make sure that the navmesh in the room goes into the interior of the pod, or else the deactivated Protectrons will "pop" out of the pod & onto an area that is navmeshed.

The navmesh can be on the ground under the pod, it just must be on navmesh.

When testing, don't load a savegame that's in the same room as your Protectron & Pod. Otherwise the Protectron might not start out deactivated & you'll wonder what you did wrong as he wanders around. Instead make a save just outside the door to the room your placing it & enter the room fresh each time of testing.

I don't think I've missed anything. :smile:

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Edited by prensa

Thank you so much prensa

I should have mentioned that I'm using NV Geck, don't know why they got rid of cells like WarehouseRobots.

Your information has been extremely helpful.

So much has changed in NV, it's a steeper learning curve than F3.