New to GECK & Modding? Look Here Please.

sumoftwosins

phoenix777 - Hello!

"Thank you so much"

Glad to have helped! :)

"don't know why they got rid of cells like WarehouseRobots."

That's a shame, those cells are handy when building locations.

"So much has changed in NV, it's a steeper learning curve than F3."

Good luck with modding in New Vegas!

Prensa

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Okay, so, since asking in my own thread did not work, how about here: how do I place an NPC down? I want to place more BoS and Super Mutants down in the mall part because it didn't feel like a war in Fallout 3 there, it felt like a firefight, is there anyway to place down NPC's easily without using the Z button? just drag and drop? I'd appreciate it if anyone who responds is not smug, or sarcastic(seems all this place is full of) but instead helpful whether it be you do it for me, or point me in the right direction so I may do it myself.

• 9 months later...

hi, ive manually downloaded a weapon, everythings where it should be, i think at least. I can place the weapon in the world in the geck but whenever i load up th egame with the data file selected its never there, suggestions?

• 5 years later...

Where can I download a working Geck that doesn't ctd when I open or examine anything?

Mor set; Obl set; Sky set all work flawlessly right out of the box, but Geck crashes on anything accessed, is it busted?

I tried the Nexus and https://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=Garden_of_Eden_Creation_Kit

How do I fix this?

How many files are you loading ?

Can you load only the main file ?

If not ... your file structure is flawed ... which may be larger than where you put your Fallout3 file.

I have been doing this for eleven years, played FO3 and NV on older PCs with no problems. I also have the three Elderscrolls mentioned above [average 100 plugins] plus Enderal [12] on Win 8.1, Lenovo Y70 with 16ram.

FO3 has 6 plugins, DLC and Updated UF3P all in order. I generally examine each plugin with it's required ESM. With exception of two shacks, the rest petty items an a couple of followers, all of which use just one esm in a vanilla game. There are a few more I'm still looking for.

Each plugin and master loads up, but when I look for the shack, loading the map = ctd. Open the petty item box or any vanilla container = ctd. NPC and Follower box opens but examine the = ctd. I have yet to do a Bash patch or a LODgen.

Tonight I will see If I can access the esm content.

I found that just examining the Fallout.esm alone also crashed the Geck.

Edited by vetewe7144