New to GECK & Modding? Look Here Please.

sumoftwosins

I have been doing this for eleven years, played FO3 and NV on older PCs with no problems. I also have the three Elderscrolls mentioned above [average 100 plugins] plus Enderal [12] on Win 8.1, Lenovo Y70 with 16ram.

FO3 has 6 plugins, DLC and Updated UF3P all in order. I generally examine each plugin with it's required ESM. With exception of two shacks, the rest petty items an a couple of followers, all of which use just one esm in a vanilla game. There are a few more I'm still looking for.

Each plugin and master loads up, but when I look for the shack, loading the map = ctd. Open the petty item box or any vanilla container = ctd. NPC and Follower box opens but examine the = ctd. I have yet to do a Bash patch or a LODgen.

Tonight I will see If I can access the esm content.

How are you launching the Geck ? When in doubt go back to the .exe in the file location for test.

But when you say you are trying to find a stable version of the Geck for download.

Says you have downloaded and re-installed the geck already.

And that in its self done wrong , or missing a step . will make it not work.

So ... you have to take a breath , and think backwards what was done.

Only you know. And if you don't ,,, then of course all we on the other end of this conversation can do is tell you how to start over CLEANLY .

Which is ... you just buy a new computer .... LOL kidding ... but you see what I mean ?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can I download a working Geck that doesn't ctd when I open or examine anything?

Mor set; Obl set; Sky set all work flawlessly right out of the box, but Geck crashes on anything accessed, is it busted?

I tried the Nexus and https://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=Garden_of_Eden_Creation_Kit

How do I fix this?

Did you download and install the 1.5 Update?

What is the install path to the game and GECK?

I open Geck.exe directly in C:/Games/FO3. What I do in Geck is the same in Construction Set and Creation Kit with no problems. I played the game to see if there was anything missing in the game world. No crashes or yellow markers. All loads up and is playable.

I think GECK hates the game.

Edited by vetewe7144

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

You're gonna wanna edit the GECK's ini, I bet it crashes when you try to view an NPC, right? The cells it crashes on when rendering have some too? Yeah this is a weird one, but a day one. I had it in 2011 and most reports I've seen are old, I'm thinking anyone who dealt with it gave up instead of troubleshooting. Can't blame em. But anyways find bUseFaceGenHeads= and set it to 0. IIRC you can edit NPCs and change their haircuts, but trying to actually see their faces/full body will CTD.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...