Judge my Mod Guide. (But be gentle)

Klyde21

Edited post:

It appears I am NOT allowed to post simple guides on NexusMods after all. Good to know. I may migrate that file back here, or it may stay in place for now until a format for guides can be created on NexusMods.

Soon however, The files will be found here, AND the nexusmods page, as I have permission from Support to leave it where it is.

New version uploaded.

Changelog included in the .zip.

Now... I'm gonna die if I don't eat something.

File is now too big to be uploaded here,

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/71304

I would say that first five pages would have been useful to me month ago when installing New Vegas. They are like essentials for anyone. I think these will make a nice and stable game.

BTW This might be replacing Unofficial Patch NVSE:

But is still brand new...

Last two pages would have other options and ways to make things look nice. But overall I think you have pretty nice choices. It will not make the best lookin New Vegas but should give one of the most stable and least buggy versions.

"This bugfix collection combines and updates fixes from Unofficial Patch NVSE and Unofficial Patch Plus"

HELL YES

Edit: Testing Unofficial Patch NVSE Plus now. Very excited.

It took me a long time to finally figure out a good set and load order but Gopher on YouTube has an awesome series on it and Vortex has certainly made it easier than it ever was NMM. Thanks for your guide- I got most of these but I didn't know about BSA Decompressor or ENBoost. One wording I would suggest to change is on the last page when you say about the perks "When conflicts arise - Gedon wins". Perhaps change that to specify 'load After'. A lot of new modders still get confused how to resolve mod conflicts and which order will give them the overwrite they want. Apologies if you already covered that somewhere in the guide and I just missed it- just something I noticed on the last page as I was combing through it. Solid guide :)

hey i got some clashes with some of the mods, game runs but some of the stuff is like a red triangle w a white coffin thing inside. any idea how to fix that?

That may have been my fault. I think running LOOT is messing up the load order. Best to uninstall and reinstall unsung the latest guide.

I very much apologize for that. Also, you may have installed ENB wrong, but it might be something else. I'll look into it a bit, and see what answers I can come up with.

Edit:

Try a few things for me...

• Uninstall ENB alone. Do this by locating the files individually and removing them. Any change?
  • Uninstall NVTF, and see if the textures are back.
  • Uninstall NMC's texture pack. Fixed? Reinstall. Still broken?
  • Check the new guide for anything I may have accidentally omitted in any version prior to 2.0

Go to the settings option in the title screen. Do version numbers of mods appear at the left?

type ~ (under Esc key) and type

Get is LAA

as one word. Was the response 2 ? (If not, the 4gb Patcher was not installed properly)

Hold Shift and Press Enter. Did a menu appear? If so, ENBoost was installed incorrectly

Are you running the game through NVSE? (Don't use the New Vegas exe!)

When you uninstalled, and then reinstalled, did you delete ALL your game files, as described by the guide?

Did you also uninstall all vortex mods, and reinstall them? Sometimes people keep them active between installs, and this leads to all kinds of stuff going missing.

If all else fails, I would ask you to Reinstall 2.0 in the order provided, as I know it to work.

Also, what are your PC specs? Maybe the texture files are too bulky?

Why don't you upload it to the Nexus? That way users can endorse it and track it to be updated of any changes you make.

Wait, you can upload pdf files. To the Nexus? :D

I figured there was strict rules about only uploading mods, though to be clear, I didn't read them.

Thanks for the idea! NexusMods home is a much better place for this modlist!

Ye

Why don't you upload it to the Nexus? That way users can endorse it and track it to be updated of any changes you make.

Wait, you can upload pdf files. To the Nexus? :D

I figured there was strict rules about only uploading mods, though to be clear, I didn't read them.

Thanks for the idea! NexusMods home is a much better place for this modlist!

Yes. There's quite a few mod lists on the Nexus. Some won't have a pdf attached but rather a link to a website, YT video or Google Doc or the instructions will be contained in the description tab of the mod page.

As an alternative to a pdf, which can get unwieldy, you could use the Nexus' wiki or even a Github page like Viva New Vegas.

Lastly, you might find that you want to share your own compatibility patches with your users so it's also handy to have a mod page at the Nexus for that reason so they can be hosted and downloaded from there.