Missing Meshes Problem

TLC77

I don't know why, or how but all of the wines and drinks in my game have missing meshes. I have about two hundred mods which all affect everything but those items and I know for a fact that it's not my mods since using the FormID Finder it told me that the .nif and .dds files of the wines are implemented by Oblivion.esm and that those files are missing. I have verified file integrity but yet it still didn't work. Any leads? Thanks.

Load Order: https://pastebin.com/BYZMqa19

Both of the Alluring mods (Potions and Wine Bottles) come as BSAs. Now that should not be an issue ... the BSAs are correctly named and should be loaded by the game by the Alluring ESPs. I had trouble with icons sometimes going MIA until I extracted those icons from the BSA and installed them as loose file replacers.

If you don't have any other mesh replacers touching wine etc it would be worth exploring the loose file replacer vs BSA replacer angle.

Both of the Alluring mods (Potions and Wine Bottles) come as BSAs. Now that should not be an issue ... the BSAs are correctly named and should be loaded by the game by the Alluring ESPs. I had trouble with icons sometimes going MIA until I extracted those icons from the BSA and installed them as loose file replacers.

If you don't have any other mesh replacers touching wine etc it would be worth exploring the loose file replacer vs BSA replacer angle.

I do have a BSA Browser, can I try and extract the files from the BSA and put them somewhere else in the data folder?

I do have a BSA Browser, can I try and extract the files from the BSA and put them somewhere else in the data folder?

They need to be in exactly the same folder structure you see in BSA Unpacker. I'd do all the unpacking outside of your game folders (so either copy the BSAs from your game folder to folders elsewhere or use your extracted download if you're like me and have stuff like that laying around).

The potion bottles shouldn't need doing as they have a custom folder structure, so without the ESP the game wouldn't even acknowledge their existence.

Are you using COBL? Well you did say they do belong to Oblivion, but it doesn't hurt to ask?

I'm using both COBL and the two Allurings (so Potions and Wine Bottles). BOSS has the two Alluring ESPs sorted just below the two COBL ESPs (so below Cobl Glue.esp and Cobl SI.esp) but of course above any of COBL addons for the houses by Emma that I use. I can't say for certain what LOOT does, but I would guess it would be the same.

Are you using COBL? Well you did say they do belong to Oblivion, but it doesn't hurt to ask?

No. I thought it was COBL but after uninstalling it, it became apparent that it was not it.

They need to be in exactly the same folder structure you see in BSA Unpacker. I'd do all the unpacking outside of your game folders (so either copy the BSAs from your game folder to folders elsewhere or use your extracted download if you're like me and have stuff like that laying around).

The potion bottles shouldn't need doing as they have a custom folder structure, so without the ESP the game wouldn't even acknowledge their existence.

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Do I have to unpack all of the bsa files that I have in data or something?

No. I thought it was COBL but after uninstalling it, it became apparent that it was not it.

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Do I have to unpack all of the bsa files that I have in data or something?

No ... just create a folder outside of the game's folders and then copy/paste Alluring Wine Bottles.bsa to that folder. Then you'll use BSA Unpacker to extract just the meshes from Alluring Wine Bottles.bsa to that same folder you created (yes you could just extract from the game folders to that new folder ... but I'm not a "walk and chew gum at the same time" type of dinosaur).

When you open Alluring Wine Bottles.bsa in BSA Unpacker look in the lower right corner and select Folder Name in the dropdown box (will probably be already on that option) and then hit the Sort button. That will list all of the meshes to the top of the list ... single left click on meshes\clutter\wines\ale01.nif to highlight it and then Shift + click on meshes\clutter\wines\skooma.nif and all of the meshes will be selected. Once they are all highlighted click on the Extract button (not Extract All) and a Windows dialogue will open allowing you to select the folder to extract to ... select the folder you created and click OK.

Look in your folder you created (I named mine Extraction_Test for this step by step) and you will see a folder named meshes with the subfolders and NIF files below that (full path to mine is Extraction_Test\meshes\clutter\wines\ale01.nif etc). Right click on the meshes folder and select Copy, navigate to your game's Oblivion\Data folder and right click on the Data folder and select Paste. Answer Yes to the Windows propmpt to merge the contents of the meshes folder.

Do you use any invalidation files? Have you tried skyBSA? Do you have all fixes installed?? Which fixes? I see you use the unofficial ones but we cant see which OBSE specific fixes you are using, if you use them or not as your list does not include the libraries, the dll's, if not, I will make a list of some good ones.

Do you use any invalidation files? Have you tried skyBSA? Do you have all fixes installed?? Which fixes? I see you use the unofficial ones but we cant see which OBSE specific fixes you are using, if you use them or not as your list does not include the libraries, the dll's, if not, I will make a list of some good ones.

Archive invalidation shouldn't come into play here Pekka ... the meshes are not in vanilla folder paths and they point to non-vanilla (i.e. specific to Alluring) folder paths for textures.