Missing Meshes Problem

TLC77

Oki Striker. It was a wild hunch anyway... :wink: But still, the fixes??

This whole exercise is a hunch on my part too.

The only problem I encountered with Alluring was icons for player created potions (if I remember correctly) and extracting them from the BSA fixed that. It didn't make sense back then that the game wouldn't load them from the BSA same as this is probably a wild goose chase as well as this time it's meshes (but I wasn't the only one with the problem ... look through the Alluring mod comments).

I often find that even wrong theories can help in looking at things from a different direction, and then all of a sudden things look different and the root of the problem is seen.

I've been a troubleshooter most of my life ... that was a major part of my job before I retired. Troubleshooting game stuff still taps into the same skills, and one skill that is most important to learn is to lose the idea that you know the root cause without looking at the situation. The more eyes on the problem the more viewpoints, and the harder it becomes for the real root cause to hide.

Oki Striker. It was a wild hunch anyway... :wink: But still, the fixes??

This whole exercise is a hunch on my part too.

The only problem I encountered with Alluring was icons for player created potions (if I remember correctly) and extracting them from the BSA fixed that. It didn't make sense back then that the game wouldn't load them from the BSA same as this is probably a wild goose chase as well as this time it's meshes (but I wasn't the only one with the problem ... look through the Alluring mod comments).

I often find that even wrong theories can help in looking at things from a different direction, and then all of a sudden things look different and the root of the problem is seen.

Hey, I'm back. Sorry for the late reply, I was busy with stuff. Anyways, your method worked! The wines don't have a texture but I think I know what to do in this situation. I don't know why this has happened, this is the only time something like this had happened but I am still pleased that everything worked out in the end :happy:

Good news. It was a bit of a long shot, but every now and then you get lucky I guess.

As I think you've guessed, now it's just a matter of extracting the textures and putting them into Oblivion\Data\Textures\winebeer\0wine01.dds etc. The icon textures will go in Oblivion\Data\Textures\menus\icons\wines\ale.dds etc.

Can't say why this mod seems to have trouble reading from it's own BSAs, but I do notice one thing that is known as something to be avoided ... there are three texture files that have file names beginning with a number (zero in this case), perhaps that is significant.

Yes, like when NeilV made me some special designed clothing for my Ancient Caldera Mine, for Morrowind 2006, which OblivionAddicted say keeps crashing the game. I did not know this until he told me. NeilV named all his stuff to 1NV... It is so odd that I never had problems with that mod though... I guess it is very individual, and random, which makes it harder even...

So what is a number really?? Why do it cause problems? Is it only decimal digits that is a problem or even hexadecimal? If it is hex, then nothing should even start with A-F...

Edited by Pellape

Yes, like when NeilV made me some special designed clothing for my Ancient Caldera Mine, for Morrowind 2006, which OblivionAddicted say keeps crashing the game. I did not know this until he told me. NeilV named all his stuff to 1NV... It is so odd that I never had problems with that mod though... I guess it is very individual, and random, which makes it harder even...

So what is a number really?? Why do it cause problems? Is it only decimal digits that is a problem or even hexadecimal? If it is hex, then nothing should even start with A-F...

I've never seen anything outlining why it is a problem ... but I have seen the situation reported by more than just OblivionAddicted.

People do it to make their stuff sort to the top of lists ... I'm more of a "My" kinda guy myself (not very original ... perhaps some areas of my brain lack the creativity gene).

Well I am stupid, as all my stuff starts with Pek, and is below the lower part if everything and I am now an expert in scrolling the sliders or pressing [p]. ECS sorts that crap out nice. Stroti did name the house cell to aaHobbitHouse, so I kept it, makes it the first cell to show up. But still the directories, they need to be scrolled down, always, but they like me to press [P] as well, if I do remember it. Laziness, made the human brain to develop and invent stuff to make life more convenient I guess... :wink:

A brilliant former coworker did claim that the best technicians, that makes the smartest tools, do it because they are also the most lazy ones. :wink:

We did had energetic coworkers that worked hard but did it in a very odd and unnecessary way, using their time and energy to move the mouse around to much, making to many steps. So what did they produce anyway? Not much really... What do I do mostly? Scrolling.

Edited by Pellape