Modder Reference for Follower Voices

duinnin

Since I've been exploring the CK and spent a few hours today creating basic followers, I thought other modders may like a quick reference list of voices that work with followers who can marry and adopt (Hearthfire). If you don't know, certain dialogue was recorded by certain voices, so not all dialogue has the same voices available if you plan to use vanilla voices instead of custom ones.

This list is to help ensure your followers have the same voice type across vanilla dialogue. No DLC is required. If you create a follower with an unsupported voice then your follower will not speak any of the follower dialogue, nor will your spouse say any of the marriage or adoption (parenthood) dialogue.

Voices for followers who can marry and adopt:

- Male: Brute, EvenToned, Nord, Orc, YoungEager

- Female: Commander, Sultry, YoungEager

Voices for followers who can marry:

- Male: Argonian, EvenToned, EvenTonedAccented, DarkElf, Drunk

- Female: DarkElf, EvenToned, Orc

Voices for spouses who can adopt:

- Male: CommonerAccented, Condescending, SlyCynical

- Female: Commoner, Coward, ElfHaughty, Nord

Voices for follower who can adopt:

- Female: Condescending

Voices for only followers:

- Male: Khajiit

Voices for only spouses:

- Male: Commoner, Coward

- Female: Argonian, Shrill

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there any mod resource which "fills in" the missing voiced dialogue for female sultry followers? Phrases like "Still here." and "I'm right behind you.", among others, are silent, and despite releasing Beleval as a follower in Dawnguard and recording new lines for Mirri Severin in Dragonborn, somehow those missing lines were never recorded and inserted in by Bethesda, resulting in female sultry followers having incomplete follower dialogue. If there's a mod resource which has filled in the gaps then we could use that voiceset for our custom followers more often. Or is there any utility which allows us to list out all the phrases from a voiceset, and allow us to pick a handful and reuse them in different situations? Like, we could take a simple "Hi" and use them to replace "Still here", which would work equally well. It's one of the coolest female voices in Skyrim and it annoys me no end that we can't make proper custom followers using that voiceset. Even mods which unlock NPCs who use those voicesets (such as Alva, Saadia etc) as followers suffer the same problem.

Is there any mod resource which "fills in" the missing voiced dialogue for female sultry followers?

I think I remember seeing that the latest Unofficial Patch does this... yes.

◾Followers using the "Female Sultry" voice do not have recorded dialogue and will thus fail to respond to a number of follower commands. The following audio files have been spliced together to fix this issue:

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFollower__000E1573_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000D8DCC_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000D8E14_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000D235E_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000D235F_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000E1561_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000E1563_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000E1565_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000E1567_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_0005C82B_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFollower__000D2351_1.fuz

Is there any mod resource which "fills in" the missing voiced dialogue for female sultry followers?

I think I remember seeing that the latest Unofficial Patch does this... yes.

◾Followers using the "Female Sultry" voice do not have recorded dialogue and will thus fail to respond to a number of follower commands. The following audio files have been spliced together to fix this issue:

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFollower__000E1573_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000D8DCC_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000D8E14_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000D235E_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000D235F_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000E1561_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000E1563_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000E1565_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_000E1567_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFo_DialogueFollowe_0005C82B_1.fuz

◦Sound\Voice\Skyrim.esm\FemaleSultry\DialogueFollower__000D2351_1.fuz

Thanks - that's great to know. unfortunately, some of the housing mods I use have problems with the unofficial patch - does the voice splicing exist in its own patch, or if not, what's the best way to extract them (since the Unofficial Patch people have done all the hard work) and compile my own esp with the voice files?

• 1 year later...

Yeah I've been getting into the CK editor for the last couple days as well. I followed a tutorial to make a follower NPC and I really wanted to use the Dremora race and its voice pack. Unfortunately, the follower npc simply wouldn't show the follower dialog. Had to switch it over to the Nord race to get it to work. But like everyone else here, thanks for this reference. It's important to know what does and doesn't work.

• 3 months later...

Can someone give me some help, I am making a follower. download Here --> www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63482/?

And I need some help with the marriage portion of the mod, I have a Amulet Of Mara and I have the PotentialMarriageFaction faction on the NPC and I set the relationship to be player, lover, and spouse. But when I go in game there is no dialog option of marriage, I talked to Maramal about it and I have made sure the voice is compatible with marriage and followers. Please help.