Learning Blacksmithing

Kinkybabe

I've always loved crafting in games. But one thing irks me about Skyrim. Its way way to easy. Its not realistic at all for a game based solely around RPGing. I LOVE RPing, thats why I play Skyrim.

Blacksmithing irl is alot harder than just melting metal, and hammering it. (Well ok, it CAN be that easy, but your weapon is gonna suck majorly). A true artisan of Blacksmithing goes way beyond that.

So what about these fanciful swords/armors that obviously have alot to them? Doesn't make sense that I can just hammer away at daggers all day and suddenly I'm skilled enough to create the most fine and intricate piece of weaponry ever known to Tamriel.

My Idea of a mod is probably, like all my ideas. Very complicated. Basically, you need to "learn" how to create weapons, (Besides the basic ones, such as "normal" daggers, swords, and basic armors).

To do this can be a series of many things.

1) Blacksmiths around the world can teach you, for a fee, "Recipes and Techniques". These Recipes, and Techniques would be similar to the potion making recipes you can find/buy. On the Recipes if you open them up it basically just says [This is a piece of parchment teaching you how to create (insert weapon/armor here), and the Technique required]

2) You can find through loot, these Recipes and Techniques.

Basically how it works, is once you come into possession of 1 of these Recipes and Techniques piece of parchment, you activate it similar to a magic book. It unlocks that weapon/Armor at the forge, and then is used up in the process. You also need to have the proper level of Blacksmithing skill as well.

-------------------

What this Mod would do for RPers..

1) It would allow you to RP as a Blacksmith. Not just grinding out 1 thing after another, but literally focusing on obtaining the "knowledge" to create all the weapons and armors available to you.

2) Would allow Blacksmiths to be "Graded" I.E. Some Blacksmiths would obviously be more skilled than others by what they can teach you.

3) For Thiefs, looters, or just adventurers alike, it would add yet another thing to loot, which would sell for a pretty good price (depending on the Recipe and Technique you find). Some may sell for only a few gold, whlie others could sell for a thousand or more, depending on the weapon it teaches you to make.