Ice Age (not the Movie) Animals with PICTURES

Deleted4181807User

The Skyrim climate i very similar to the climate during the ice ages. Wouldn't it be cool if we could have other animals from that period, other than Mammoths and Saber Cats I mean.

Since these creatures are extinct in our world maybe they could only be found in the Forgotten Vale from Dawnguard? Otherwise they could just be found anywhere else.

These are the animals I'd like to see implemented:

Woolly Rhino

It could roam the northern forest, those covered in snow, maybe be herded by Giants? Yields Rhino pelt and Rhino horns. (Ridable plz plz plz?)

Height: 2m

Megatherium

Could be found in the more warmer parts of Skyrim. Yields Megatherium Pelt and Megatherium claws and theeth.

Length: 6m (nose to tail)

Doedicurus

Found in the plains. Yields Doedicurus shell and Doedicurus pelt (and tail maybe?)

Size: Car size

Dodo bird

Flightless bird. Yields Dodo meat, beak and feathers.

Ancient Whale

Skyrim is seriously lacking these. I know they aren't extinct but would be a nice addition the the game. Yields Whale meat and whale fins. Also, in ancient times whales had legs. I'd personally like these rather than the normal whale, as it would fit the extinction theme of this post better, so here's a picture:

I am but a humble player with ideas, but the knowledge to bring these creatures to life in-game I do not have. Therefore, I ask all of you great and skilled modders of this forum for help and make these for us players.

I agree with the whooly rhino, the whale, Megatherium (only found in the rift and falkereath) and possibly the dodo, but the others were a bit out of place. And I don't agree with the spoiler, however, I do think they shouldn't be covered around whole skyrim.

But how could you have forgotten Oxes? They seriously need some other big mammals except for mammoths in Skyrim.

Which whale do you refer to? The current living whale or the ancestral whale? As for me, I'd just like something in the sea of ghosts to hunt.

According to my sources (wikipedia:P) the doedicurus inhabitated grasslands and woodlands, so Whiterun and Falkreath are perfect for them. In what way do you find them out of place?

I found a web site that has 3d models of animals including the whale dodo and rhino etc made by 3ds max. Some models have been used for mods before. The site is free but also has ripped content from games so i dont think i can link it.

Someone would just have to import them to skyrim

This is very much like what I have in mind myself....one day in the far distant future it is something I am intent on creating, have been thinking about it for some time. But unfortunately I am only currently taking my first baby steps into the world of Modding...finally have myself a teacher.... :happy:

I have in mind a realistic animal behavior Mod, whilst swapping out Skyrim's wild fauna with their Ice Age counterparts and extra's for those not represented....I hadn't thought about the Megatherium, would you mind if I pinched your idea and add it to my list?

Edited by StayFrosty05

These are wonderful ideas, the idea of Ground sloths and Glyptodonts in skyrim sound especially intrigueing. (so what if the Doedicurus looks out of place, Morrowind has flying jellyfish, afterall it is a fantasy game) Plus, having stranger animals like Ground sloths and Glyptodonts makes Skyrim more strange and mysterious (Quite frankly this is what skyrim has been lacking for me) But these are wonderful ideas indeed.

Edited by Sarus31