Pretty sure GTA V has the wrong file picked, but not sure what the right one is.

KingDalkian

Hello, thanks for reading, just a newbie to the mod scene and trying to get some mods for GTA 5 up, vortex works great for new vegas and subnautica, my other two main modded games so far. I started trying to figure it out and after a lot of wasted time I am pretty sure nexus is just directed to the Rockstar social club files, so I am trying to redirect it to put the mod files in the steam version of the game but I keep getting a message saying that I can't save it there as its directly in the game, I made its own folder and it still says the file may be modded by steam, not sure what I am doing so any help is appreciated

In SETTINGS---->DOWNLOADS you should have something like D:\Vortex Downloads

Whatever drive you have your download folder on

Your MOD STAGING FOLDER should be on the same drive as GTA V, NOT IN THE GAME FOLDER!!!! AND NOT INSIDE THE STEAM FOLDERS!!!!

SETTINGS----->MODS---->Mod Staging Folder

If GTA V is on the D drive then, you'd make your MOD STAGING FOLDER something like this

D:\Mods\{game}

BY putting {game} in Vortex, Vortex will automatically create THIS: D:\Mods\GTAV

You set these folders USING VORTEX, not Windows Explorer