ENB still takes pictures after Windows reinstall

Klyde21

So here's my issue: I have uninstalled v0.451 of Fallout 3 / Fallout New Vegas ENB, and even after i reinstalled New Vegas, and deleted everything, I was still able to take screenshots with Shift and PrintScreen after reinstalling.

I then found out I had a virus, and uninstalled everything. Including the operating system.

STILL When I reinstalled everything, the screenshots can be taken. I'm not sure how to uninstall ENB, if literally every file that I know about has been replaced. Is there some sort of FULL uninstall guide? Am I missing something? Help would be greatly appreciated, because I am at a loss.

Ideas:

• Maybe Steam is adding extra files on installation of New Vegas?
  • Maybe there is a DLL in Windows causing this?

I included an image of my install folder. Is anything there that shouldn't be?

The default game puts .BMP files in the install folder? Well now I feel foolish. :D

WAIT, that makes a ton of sense actually.

Every time I had an ENB, TWO screenshots appeared in my folder. One for the ENB, one for the game. I get it now.

THANKS MUCHLY, FRIEND!

Un-needed edit: I am NOT a smart human being.

When cleaning out a "virus" or any form of "malware", just uninstalling is not sufficient. You need to completely reformat the disk drive and reinstall as if to a brand new machine. (This is why backups are required.) It is a major PITA, but malware is worse and these days they are very persistent. It is always best to identify the specific malware detected and read up on how it tries to re-establish itself. Some may require professional assistance.

-Dubious-

When cleaning out a "virus" or any form of "malware", just uninstalling is not sufficient. You need to completely reformat the disk drive and reinstall as if to a brand new machine. (This is why backups are required.) It is a major PITA, but malware is worse and these days they are very persistent. It is always best to identify the specific malware detected and read up on how it tries to re-establish itself. Some may require professional assistance.

-Dubious-

Oh yeah. I know people hate this word, but after I reinstalled Windows I got

"Kaspersky"

Say what you will about it, it caught an infected system file, and scrubbed it clean, before fixing the damage.

A clean install of Windows from the BIOS is always a good idea, though.