What's up all, I have this idea for a mod that allow the player to bind hotkeys to potions and have them be automatically managed. Here are the details

+ Instead of binding a key to a potion, which has been done, you would bind a key to a type of potion. For example, You would go into the menu and bind [sHIFT]+[F3] to healing. Now, what this would mean is that when you press the key, it will equip and drink for you any of the healing potions you might have. More

+ Have a screen in the MCM to allow the user to add rules to govern it. So if player is in a fight and is at 250 / 300 health, it would drink the minor healing if available. This of course would be governed as the user established rules. You might for example want to establish a rule that will use up my minor healing before touching the greater ones. The same would apply for stamina and magicka. I don't see this being effective for poisons or the like.

This would mean less or no entering the menus to drink more potions during a fight, thus keeping the flow of the combat and not breaking imersion. If it could be made as versitile as possible, it would suit many people's style of play.

Thanks for reading this and let me know what you think, for all i know it might be a horrible idea.

What's up all, I have this idea for a mod that allow the player to bind hotkeys to potions and have them be automatically managed. Here are the details

+ Instead of binding a key to a potion, which has been done, you would bind a key to a type of potion. For example, You would go into the menu and bind [sHIFT]+[F3] to healing. Now, what this would mean is that when you press the key, it will equip and drink for you any of the healing potions you might have. More

+ Have a screen in the MCM to allow the user to add rules to govern it. So if player is in a fight and is at 250 / 300 health, it would drink the minor healing if available. This of course would be governed as the user established rules. You might for example want to establish a rule that will use up my minor healing before touching the greater ones. The same would apply for stamina and magicka. I don't see this being effective for poisons or the like.

This would mean less or no entering the menus to drink more potions during a fight, thus keeping the flow of the combat and not breaking imersion. If it could be made as versitile as possible, it would suit many people's style of play.

Thanks for reading this and let me know what you think, for all i know it might be a horrible idea.

I'm working on an alchemy overhaul, and I could add something like this to it.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1454574-wip-vile-concoctions-need-playtesters/

Maybe you'd like to help? I'm kind of having a pain in the rear of a time finding playtesters.

The main problem is a lack of a drink potion function.

so everything would need to be hardcoded and custom potions wouldn't be affected.

Automatic potion drinking at low health is easy thanks to the OnHit event.

Magic is so so, because there is an oncast event.

stamina is kind of a pain though, because I would need to use animation events.

I might do it with magicka and health, just not stamina.

Edited by GrimyBunyip