Mod Idea

Geonox

Ok I've been thinking a lot about making a very cool (well at least I think it will be very cool :P ) mod. But before starting to think serious about the storyline and start questioning if ppl want to join my mod I wanted to see what you think about this idea. Mabey you think it's a supercool idea, or mabey you will say that you totally donot like the idea. I wanted to ask this so that I'm not gonna put a lot of time in this mod when nobody likes it...

So here comes the idea:

I'm a very big starwars fan. And I also love starwars games. Now, my idea is to change morrowind into the starwars galaxy. Something like memod but then starwars. The story will take place on different planets. Now you think how are you going to make this all?

Well my idea was to create a huge game, it will all be in one landmass. Let's say the planet coruscant, which is one big city. I'll make a smaller version of it, 2 or 3 times as big as morrowind. There will be placed edges which surrounds the planet where you can't go no further. See it like a big invisible wall.

Then miles further there will be the planet Tatooine. Also 2 or 3 times as big as morrowind and surrounded by an invisible wall.

Now you might wonder how am I getting from coruscant to tatooine? In the game you can buy your own starships. Some can travel to outer space, some are just speeders which cannot travel to outerspace. Once you are in outerspace you will get a few options/destinations. You have to chose one of the list. Once you have chosen your option you will be transported to the selected planet.

The next question you might be thinking of is how will I get my own ship?

A ship can be bought with money which you earn from beiing a member of a certain clan/group. Just like in morrowind you can sign up to different groups. This time it won't be the mages or fighters guild but it will be smugglers, bounty hunters etc. and even jedi...

Just like Morrowind, the quests which you have to do depends on what you are. But the quests will start easy but will get harder the more you grow. Example:

When you are a smuggler, the first things you will have to do is prove yourself that you will deliver your stuff etc. After a few missions you will get enough money to buy your first small cargo ship. But the more missions you will finish the harder the missions will be. (think of theives in outerspace which try to steal your cargo etc.) So you will have to maintain your ship or buy an even stronger one. Or get upgrades for your ship by the local parts dealer (something like an armor but then for your ship)

Like I said in this game you will also get the chance to become a jedi IF...you suceed to make the trial. This will depend on how good your skills are. The trial won't be to hard but it won't be easy.

Once you are a member of the jedi acedemy you will get the option to chose your lightsaber. This can only be used by Jedi. So it will have a script that when you are no jedi you cannot equip this weapon. Just like the other clans/groups you will start from the bottom, as a padawan. You will get a Jedi master which teach you things and allows you to develop certain jedi skills like a force push or jump. This will be done with the spells system from morrowind.

Something else which is also a part of the game will be Slaves. There will be certain slave dealers in the game which allows you to buy "human" slaves, think of Twileks etc. There will also be a lot more dealers (because these kind of slaves are officially legal) who will sell droids. There will be a lot of different types of droids from protocol to astromech.

The last thing which will also be a part of the mod are merchants. There will be a lot of different and new merchants added to the game. There will be the standart clothing, armor and weapon merchants but also new ones, like ship dealers and part dealers for your ship etc.

A friend of mine can write very good. He writes stories about starwars so the story will be good I can assure you that :P . But just let me know what you think about this idea and if there are ppl who want to help me building this mod. There is a site which offers free starwars 3d models. If I get enough positive reactions to create this mod I'll contact the creators of the models and ask if it's ok to use their models. That will cost me a lot of time. And the world moddeling job will be almost finished if I can use their models. But hey hope you like this mod...

Geo!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well hmm yeah. see it as some kind of poll or something. Just wanna know if this is a good idea or a bad idea, if ppl are going to like this mod, cos I can understand that morrowind is mabey more for the fantasy rpg gamers instead of SF. Or of you will have suggestions orso.

hmmm well yeah! just wana know if ppl are interested in helping me out with this mod or if you think ppl are going to like this. Coz I realy want to make this mod but if ppl think that a starwars mod is a very bad idea orso I want to know that before putting a lot of time in making this mod and thinking about a storyline.

LOL @ MB again.

Geo, I like the idea of Star Wars: Morrowind, but the idea of travelling between planets is a little iffy.

Perhaps you could test out the idea and come up with kind of a "tech demo" for us all.

~Valdir

What if you made the planets as interiors, like Mournhold, then maybe you could have curvature and the landmass could be outer space and replace the playermodel with a ship when you are in an outdoor cell. Then of course you would have only two axes of movement :(. IMHO invisible walls are a bit crap so you could have a cheesy door at the end of the Tatooine cell which just jumps back to another door nearby, lol.

The idea is good though!

MB = evil ;P

Syko

yeah that's a good idea, but the thing is, eventhough it will be a small mod it will be a lot of work to make it. Not that I don't want to do it, but I can't script I can only moddel new homes etc. So I won't think that the demo will be very special. Unless there are ppl who want to help me out with this small demo. What I need is someone who want to help me out with a script. See if it's possible to make a vehicle. So please tell me if you want to help me out with this mod ^_^

About the travelling between the planets: I'm not sure how to do this. But mabey some of you have an idea how to make this..

'bout MB: Think I allready know what his opinion about this mod is, don't think he likes starwars... ^_^

Edit:

@Sykotik:

The idea is great. But how to get a surface in the interior cell? There's only water in an interior cell right? no ground like the ex. cell...I've been thinking about the wall 2 but I don't know another option on how to solve this problem. I was thinking about linking a few esm files toghether so when you are on coruscant youre on a new esm file. But I don't know if this would be possible.

erm...can you make a teleport cell? That is, can you make a boundary cell that transports you to the other side of the planet map? Also, in addition to owning a starship, aren't there 'travel agencies' (sort of) in SW?

P.S. The initial presentation did seem a bit dumb, but I think it could be done. For that matter, even coruscant alone could be good, and if you wanted, you could add more planet plugins later.

yeah there are lots of travel agencies in starwars but I thought it would be cool if you could have your own ship. And it has to be starwars-like that's the point. And what's starwars without starships :P ? But that's the complicated part of the whole mod, controling the starships.

And you will need a starship for your missions, example: when you are a smuggler you will have to ship your cargo to another planet.

The other option which I thought of was creating one giant invisible door and place it high above the world in the sky. When you rize with your ship to the sky to enter space you will bump on a certain moment on the door. Then mabey this could be done with scripting you will be transported into space (which will be a interior cell). There you will find certain "hyperspace rings" Which shows you a safe route through hyperspace to another planet. You have to fly to the ring and activate it. Then mabey we could add a small cutscene of a Hyperspace tunnel but well see. And you will be transported to the planet (this depends on which hyperspace ring you will take).

Archived