Heavy Traffic ×

Mod Idea

Geonox

im a big star wars fan but it will be one heck of an work.

if you do decide to create it i think the best thing to do is start small abut get all the things right and make it feel like starwars.

maybe you can start by creating a race and place them in morrowind.

or build a small town to see if it feels like starwars and even that will be a lot of work.

i hope you decide to do something with starwars.

good luck

websoul

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, this mod idea got me thinking. Tatooine would be perfect for this idea because it has TONS of empty space. You COULD simply create 1 city at a time adding more as you go. I mean, create like a basic ESM with all your stats and races, and things and 1 town, or even one farmhouse. Then You could enlist help for people who want to add quests or cities to your mod via plugins. And, if you ever get arround to los isle, people could add other planets as they feel like, or you feel like, because we all know how exciting tatooine is.

So like this:

Step 1: and ESM with all settings and, 4 races?

Step 2: a plugin with a 3x3 farming region where you start

Step 3: a release of this plugin along with an invitation to help create the next section, like say, the neighbor's farmhouse?

I can see complaints coming about # of plugins, but it's not a problem because over time they can be merged into single plugins.

Why do you have to make the ENTIRE planet? Why not just small parts of the planet, then make multiple planets?

But, I agree, start with Tantooine and work from there.

Making the entire planet doesn't make any sense though. Not even MEmod is doing that.

~Valdir

@ websoul: Yeah that's a good idea. I'm working on a city with buildings based on what I've seen in the movies. First I'm going to make this one to see if it acctually works and if it looks nice.

@Lethargio: Jup that was my idea 2. Just start off with one city. And see if the ppl like the mod. Later I could add some new things like you said, a farming region. I decided to make tatooine first because it has a lot of interesting things, like the podracing (don't think I'm going to add this feature cos the race of men cannot drive podracers, only when a human got jedi powers it may be able to use a podracer like anakin) or swoop racing (another version of a race which is on tatooine, this time swoopbikes are used to race not podracers). It also has a big maffia family, the Hutts. And lots of other things which make this planet so interresting.

@valdir: I never said I was going to make the entire planet, that would be to much. I only make small parts of it. Morrowind is surrounded by a huge sea. For this mod I would like to see if it's possible to surround the land with a huge desert. Cos after all there aren't any seas on tatooine (well ok the dune sea, but that's a large desert ^_^ ) So I never wanted to make the whole planet but just small parts of it. Making the whole planet would be way to much and it adds a lot of big places which have nothing to do with the main storyline.

UPDATE:

Here are 2 pics of new buildigs which I've made. The first one I moddeled yesterday, the second one is just finished.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/dirkdaisy/Lesleypics/tatooinehab01.jpg

http://home.wanadoo.nl/dirkdaisy/Lesleypics/tatooinegar01.jpg

Hope ya like it!

@ Geo: Doh! Okay I guess I misunderstood you. Those buildings look very nice and you can pump out nice looking stuff in a short amount of time.

Got any ideas on the storyline, characters etc??

I might be able to help you out with ^ that stuff, but you seem to be doing fine on your own.

Any chance we'll see Sarlacc, Jabba or any other famous characters?

~Valdir

im wondering how you will add the part where we can drive or fly vehicles cause that is not a part of morowind, maybe a script that changes your appearance to that of a vehicle?

with those buildings you can make any Starwars fan feel like home :)

@ valdir: Thx for the compliment! Hoping that most of the buildings will be done next week. Well I'm kind of working on the storyline with a friend of mine but suggestions are always welcome just tell me your ideas if you have some :) ...About the characters, yes there will be famous starwars characters in the game. One who defenitely will be in the game is Jabba and mabey his sister, Gardulla. I'm not sure if I'm going to add more famous characters to the game but we'll see. If I'm going to add them they will just be standing somewhere or walking arround. They are not involved with the story. Jabba will be a part of the story/missions. About Sarlacc, I'm still not sure if I want to put this one in the game. The thing is....I thought it would be nice to put one of the 2 famous cities to the mod (mos espa or mos eisley). But the thing is, Jabba's palace is very far away from both of the cities. So I'm still kind of thinking about that. But it would be nice to have one in the game ^_^

@websoul: There will be vehicles in the mod which you can drive. But those will only be ground-vehicles like swoopbikes or speeders. I think I'm going to take a closer look to the dwemer flying glider thing and see how they have done it. I hope that it works. But flying with space ships will be a bit unrealistic, you will never be able to fly with it like you can in games like rogue squadron. btw also thx for the compliment! ;)

Oke people, I have just joined this place to help my friend Geo out with answering questions about the story. I am currectly writing my own SW story and I am a big fan of SW so I am not new to the world of Tatooine. Thats why I agreed to be writing the storylines for this mod. So far I have only some minor ideas in my head for the different 'guild' stories and not really much for the main story. So all ideas are welcome of course.

I believe we have around 2 or 3 guilds planned namely: Bounty hunters, Security guards (possibly, depends on if I can write a difference between them), swoopracer (I am sure Geo can make that work) and Smuggler.

The thing about not being to travel to other planets is something I will write into the story at the start. I have indeed cameos in my mind of Jabba, Gardulla, perhaps some podracers (depends on the era this is going to play in) some bountyhunters as Boba Fett and Greedo, some familiar faces from the cantina and 1 or 2 surprises from my own fanfics.

Edit: You can always PM me your ideas. When I decide to use them your name will be ofcourse be mentioned in the credits.

would be cool to have some force sensitive creatures / humans in here.

As a group you could add the sandpeople and have them add missions if you manage to infiltrate their comunity.... although they are a very close group.

it could also be possible to play as freelancer picking up jobs on a bulitin board and do jobs for commoners / moisture farmers / mechenics and the like.

hope these ideas will help

Yeah well about Force sensitive persons: We have something planned that hallfway during the game (or earlier) you can meet up with some Jedi and perhaps use the Force to some extent also.

Freelance is something that we are also planning to use some extent, but then not as a guild and just a way inbetween mission to kill of time and earn skills. But I shall talk this over with Geo.

We are talking this over now and we are thinking of making a terminal were you can get random freelance missions, instead those guild buildings. But it is a guild now.

Sandpeople/Tuskenraiders is something I want to add also, but I am not sure how. You see when you make them a guild you cannot get into the city anymore and have to wear those clothes because the Tuskens are a rather selfcentered group.

So Tuskens will be included into the storyy line, you might encounter some of them in a mission (like kill a kraytdragon to get those pearls).

Archived