Black Screen After Loading

AlexanderHammer

I'm having this problem now. Is there any way to see which mods could be causing this? I'm using Vortex for modding. And I'm not exactly an expert on the whole modding thing. I tried both the fixes in this post, but none of them have worked for me. Please help!

I'm having this problem now. Is there any way to see which mods could be causing this? I'm using Vortex for modding. And I'm not exactly an expert on the whole modding thing. I tried both the fixes in this post, but none of them have worked for me. Please help!

Same issue. It started right after i used GenerateFNISforUsers

Same issue. It started right after i used GenerateFNISforUsers

Oke,

I tried turning off and on different mods to no avail...

What did help was loading an unmodded savefile. So i just continued from there so far so good.

• 2 months later...

Late as hell to the party, but I've read extensively on this and have tested and succeeded in fixing this issue (Skyrim SE).

I have relatively few mods installed compared to most, and I scrutinized every mod in my load order, and came to the conclusion that it was a Feature

Solution that I found: For some unknown reason, having Autosaves active dislikes certain doors and areas, so uncheck all 3 of the options then reload a previous save.

I had black screen with background sounds after load issue. Tried STEP Z-Fighting fix - it didn't help. Then I tried to delete Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini from saves location, then run launcher, it created new ones and black screen had gone. I decided to discover which config changes caused this. I started copying config lines from old Skyrim.ini to new one and black screen returned after adding this:

[MapMenu]
uLockedObjectMapLOD=8 

It's recommended for A Quality World Map - With Roads mod.

I'm not sure that it caused the issue, because I had this mod installed for a long time.

That line did not exist in my ini file but removing Skyrim.ini and Skyrim Prefs.ini and letting the launcher create new ones did clear up the problem for me.

• 3 months later...

Hey I am having the same problem where I load a save that was working perfectly fine earlier today, as In I was playing flawlessly, saved, then came back and when I try and load it through either SKSE or the base game (I dont have any SKSE required mods on that save) It gives me the endless black screen with background sound.

I have tried:

Reinstalling skyrim special edition

Deleting the ini files and letting skyrim create new ones

The Step-Z fighting fix

Numerous attempts to simply keep ending the task through task manager in hopes that it will fix

All of these and no dice

The mods should all be up to date as I downloaded all of them through the NMM or vortex before I started the playthrough, so earlier today.

LOOT says everything is up to date and in correct order.

If it helps the mods I am using are (in load order according to LOOT):

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation

Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra

ASIS-Dependency

Immersive Patrols II

ForgottenCity

IcePenguinWorldMap

kuerteeSimpleMultipleFollowers

The Paarthurnax Dilemma

Thief skills rebalance for Ordinator

Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim

Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim

Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch

Alternate Start - Live Another Life

I don't know that much about modding Skyrim but I played the hell out of it on ps3 for years and wanted to try it out so I would really love being able to play modded and not have to play with just the DLCs. All help is much appreciated!

Edit: Im actually so dumb ksmf is for reg skyrim not SE lol i cant believe im so stupid, once i removed it the game worked again

Edited by Querms

• 9 months later...

Im having that problem too right now

I tried some of the above named solutions

But none solved it

Im really donât know much about that stuff so ...

What I noticed tho was that it only happens when I leave a dungeon (as far as I know)

It didnât happen when leaving Lakeview Manor, BUT instead of spawning at the door, I spawned at the carriage.

These problems might or might not be sticking together somehow

I donât have a problem with the second thing but the blackscreen problem is really annoying, due to the fact that restarting the computer takes up a lot of time

So if someone can somehow still help me ... Iâd appreciate it very much

• 8 months later...

I had the Same. I had to much listed in [Terrain Manager] for the Zfighting fix.Â

Â

Google STEP Z-Fighting and copy and paste their tweak and you'll be good.

or

%user%/Documents/My Games/Skyrim/SkyrimPrefs.ini

BACK IT UP!

Â

add this towards the bottom:

Â

[Terrainmanager]

fBlockMaximumDistance=500000.0000

fBlockLevel1Distance=140000.0000

fBlockLevel0Distance=75000.0000

fSplitDistanceMult=4.0000

fTreeLoadDistance=25000.0000

bShowLODInEditor=0

Â

Â

this is S.T.E.P. Z-Fighting Fix. I had a couple more integers added to [TerrainMannager] and I got the dreaded Infinite Loading Screen/Black Screen with Sound, going from Interior to Exterior.

Â

Doing this Worked for Me.Â

And I am Finally starting to learn to verify and re-verify ini tweaks I find. Cause this was a simple but time consuming mistake.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I've been having the same issue. I get a blackscreen after leaving almost any building and its freaking killing me by now. I can't do anything when this happens so I have to force a shutdown everytime. I've been using several mods without any conflict when it started. I tried changing the pref.inis like it's described in this thread, deactivated autosave, reinstalled everything and cleaned the savegame script with a tool, retried and it won't work. I'm back to vanilla now and it still doesn't work. I've invested a lot of hours into this character so I'd be devastated if i have to start all over again.

Thanks for ur help guys.