Problem with player.additem

Creost3

This only happens with certain items/codes. I will type in 'player.additem', then the code, then the # of how many I want, and it says on the top left that the item was added to my inventory, but it is nowhere to be found. For example, I was trying out new gloves, and I added the Thalmor Gloves just fine, but then when I tried to add just the normal "Gloves", it said it was added to my inventory but it wasn't there. It just happens with random objects and I have no idea what's wrong.

I know I'm typing in everything right, I've tried it with and without the '0's in front, but something keeps on going wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Like what Bhanqwa said some items can not be equipped by the player. So when you add the item but it doesn't show up in your inventory that is one of the items. You will find though that even though its not in your inventory it will still add to your carry weight so you could be over encumbered but be carrying nothing this way. When you add an item and it doesn't appear use the command player.removeitem (item code) #

So for an easy example player.additem 000000f 100 adds 100 septims but player.removeitem 000000f 100 removes 100 septims.

Hopefully that helps

Some items just can't be worn.

For example, there are two steel plate boots available

-player.additem 0010B2FF 1

Would add a pair of steel plate boots that you can't wear.

while writing

-player.additem 0001395B 1

would add a pair of steel plate boots that you can wear.

Edited by whateveroo

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, I was just wondering if there was a way to remove all items from a player (including the unplayable items you were discussing), as I've used the player.additem command an awful lot and have added about 500 pounds of weight extra, seemingly permanent weight to my character.

I went to my player home and dropped every item I could into a chest, I was only left with 6 (quest) items (quest items are weightless after an update(even if it says it weighs 20 pounds), and even if they had actual weight)remaining. I did the pre-school math, 0 + 0 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 1.5 + 1 does not equal 511 pounds of gear, it equals 3.5 pounds of gear

Guessing (and hoping) that it's just some unplayable items I spawned in. I tried the 'player.removeallitems' command, and it did nothing, I tried targeting the player and simply doing 'removeallitems', still nothing. Then I looked my problem up on the internet to see if anyone else had the same issue. I can safely say, this is the most relevant post I've seen

Anyway, I was wondering if there was maybe a mod, or a console command I could use to clear out every single item in my inventory.

Thanks! :yes:

Edited by mymumsmad

• 2 years later...

Same here

I had killed some dremoras from a mod and they glitches out (the bodies)so I couldnt get daedric armor from them to sell,I spawned in some from thier showinventory and didn't work sInce they were unplayable,In rage I added like 10000 of them and wanna remove them