Using Vortex and need help with something.

RothSkull

Hi everyone I just started trying to modd and learn about modding etc I joined NM yesterday.I already learned a bit about Vortex,looting and as such SKSE64.

Now here's the part that I'm stuck on,I haven't installed any mods yet only installed SKSE64 yesterday including Vortex.

Now I have read or some say that before you install any mods you should clean up some Skyrim SE master files (except Skyrim.esm) that one should never be cleaned.Now I have looked and searched for a guide on Google and Youtube but um....haven't found anything concrete or helpful on how to clean master files in Vortex.

Any help would surely be appreciated.

Thank you In Advance!!

Also: I would not even worry about cleaning Master files if you are just starting.

I have some 4000 hours in Skyrim LE and SE - with 300 or so mods - and have never cleaned a Master file.

You are far more likely to damage your installation with mistakes in cleaning than to do anything helpful.

Wait until you are comfortable modding your game.

Edited by rmm200

If you're using Vortex, after you install SSeEdit and Vortex knows where it is, it's just a matter of right clicking on the esp or esm after it's installed in the plugins tab and picking "Clean with Xedit"

Xedit opens up the ESP or ESM, cleans the ESP or ESM, and quickly closes.

Takes about 3 seconds

WARNING:

ONLY CLEAN ONE ESP OR ESM AT A TIME!!!!!

DO NOT PICK MORE THAN ONE ESP OR ESM TO CLEAN!!

If you're using Vortex, after you install SSeEdit and Vortex knows where it is, it's just a matter of right clicking on the esp or esm after it's installed in the plugins tab and picking "Clean with Xedit"

Takes about 3 seconds

WARNING:

That functionality actually requires an extension, it's not built in :)

Takes about 3 seconds

WARNING:

That functionality actually requires an extension, it's not built in :smile:

Oh yea, it does.

Now did it automatically download and install, or did I go and download it from Nexus?

Because it's one handy extension, it's making Vortex become a Swiss Army Knife of Mod Managers

Guest deleted34304850

Takes about 3 seconds

WARNING:

That functionality actually requires an extension, it's not built in :smile:

its bloody brilliant though.

Guy's I forgot to ask you something,I think this topic and category might not be the most adequate for it I think but owell....I already started this topic and decided to ask this in here anyways.

I have Skyrim SE vanilla installed so yes I already started playing and my char is in Riverwood and I just noticed an old famous bug still hanging around since PS3 lol and I thought Bethesda has fixed it.It's (Hod's bug that I have encountered thus far.)

If I install the unofficial patch would that fix the bug or I need to start all over again? which I hope to God that's not the case. :sad: :confused:

Thanks to all those that reply and help me out.