Very Strange Horse Speed Bug

Dylanclark1122

Good idea. The endings are named the same. It will look extremely odd though as I guess the cow will get a horse like shape if we are unlucky... :wink:

Skeleton.nif won't have any affect on the mesh shape ... see my edit above.

Something else that occurs to me has to do with stride length.

Two NPCs with greatly different heights will have a different apparent speed in game even though they have the same speed setting (as shown by GetAV speed) because of their length of stride (e.g. a Woodelf male vs a High Elf male will not be the same speed in game at the same speed setting).

Now your cows will probably have a very similar "stride length" as a horse. The fastest horse in the vanilla game is the black horse, which has a speed of 33. I have the couriers Blockheaded and they find wearing shirts "a bother" (and NoMaaM's riding animation is BBBed) but at speed 33 they just fly by, giving little time to admire "the scenery". I console their black horse down to 28 for that reason, and it does make a noticeable difference.

Now if I ModAv speed -5 an NPC you won't really notice the difference in their speed (but their stride length is considerably shorter than a horse). Where I'm going with this is your speed of 50 for a cow may very well give them what they need for their moon jump attempts. Dialing their speed back in increments of 5 until they lose their aspirations at space travel may be all that is needed.