Skse not working

Luigidude

Ok, so i downloaded skyse once, when i initially installed skyrim to my C drive (it's an SSD, i wanted the little oomph rather than the regular HDD). It worked perfectly fine.

Then i messed up when installing mods, and my game began to crash when i was in the open world (but not in city cells like whiterun or solitude). After hours of trying to fix it, i gave up and just uninstalled all my mods, went to steam and deleted local game files for skyrim, and then deleted the skyrim folder itself.

I then installed skyrim again, this time accidentally to my HDD instead of my SSD, but i was more careful when installing my mods, and finally found some stability (only crashes so far when fast traveling every once in a while. Doesn't bother me too much since it autosaves before it crashes).

However, it wasn't until today that i realized that Skyse (which i had re-downloaded and installed) wasn't working. To be sure, i went into the console and tried the "getskyseversion" command, and was rewarded with skyrim essentially saying, "lolwtfisthat."

So i redownloaded the LATEST version of skyse, and installed it exactly how one should (followed gopher's video and everything.) But it still doesn't work. It's like it doesn't exist: the skyse loader does load skyrim, and skyrim runs fine, and i don't get error messages, but when i type the command in, it says that it's an unknown command.

I will say this: My NMM seems to still be installed to my C drive, But i don't see how that would cause this.

So what the heck do i do. I mean, i can play the game just fine, but i'm missing out on the mods that need skyse to be working properly. I've tried reinstalling skyse, i have the latest versions of both skyse and skyrim. i just don't know how to fix this.

I have exactly the same problem, I'm wondering if its something wrong on the creators of SKSE's end now that I know I'm not the only one who has this problem. If it is something they did I hope they resolve the problem soon I've done 6 re-installs trying to get My game to work >_>

I wonder the same thing. I don't think it's something that's wrong with their program, i think it has something to do with how we installed both skyrim and skyse. But at the same time, i don't understand what that problem could be. I had thought that as long as all the files are in the skyrim directory and in the paths they belong, they should be fine. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

If you downloaded SKSE just now or yesterday, It was an updated version. You need to update your Skyrim in an updated version which is version 1.9.32.0.8

Hope this helps!

try and run as admin. If an error box pops up like this

"SKSE Community Uncapper does not support this Skyrim Version. You can enable the AutoUpdate functionality by setting bAutoUpdate=1 inside the SKSE_Elys_Uncapper.ini file."

hit the ok button and wait a solid 2 seconds the game started running for me

i RE-downloaded it yesterday night, and i haven't been prompted to update skyrim at all. It doens't say to update either: it just doesnt say it's running when i'm in the game.

I don't use the uncapper mod.

The last time i downloaded and installed skyrim was last week i believe. if that's the update that contained legendary difficulty, then that's the version i have.

<p>I can't figure this out at all. My skyrim's up to date. My Skyse is up to date. It's installed correct. The files are all where they should go. All .dll files are in the skyrim folder, all the .pex files are in the scripts folder. the skse loader is in the skyrim folder. It's set to run as admin, and even then i still right click it and run it as an admin. Steam is running in the background.<br />

<br />

I run the .exe as an admin, skyrim starts. I get to the main menu, there's no text in the top left talking about skyse. I open the console, type "getskyseversion" and it tells me that's an unknown command.<br />

<br />

I. Don't. Understand.<br />

<br />

<br />

EDIT: I feel extremely retarded right now. it's "getskseversion."<br />

<br />

I've been entering the wrong command this whole time. *facepalm*<br />

<br />

WE'RE GOOD GUYS. Problem's solved. I'm just gonna go hang my head in shame for a little bit. Don't mind me.</p>

Edited by Luigidude

<p>I can't figure this out at all. My skyrim's up to date. My Skyse is up to date. It's installed correct. The files are all where they should go. All .dll files are in the skyrim folder, all the .pex files are in the scripts folder. the skse loader is in the skyrim folder. It's set to run as admin, and even then i still right click it and run it as an admin. Steam is running in the background.<br />

<br />

I run the .exe as an admin, skyrim starts. I get to the main menu, there's no text in the top left talking about skyse. I open the console, type "getskyseversion" and it tells me that's an unknown command.<br />

<br />

I. Don't. Understand.<br />

<br />

<br />

EDIT: I feel extremely retarded right now. it's "getskseversion."<br />

<br />

I've been entering the wrong command this whole time. *facepalm*<br />

<br />

WE'RE GOOD GUYS. Problem's solved. I'm just gonna go hang my head in shame for a little bit. Don't mind me.</p>

Hey man its usually the small details we overlook that are usually the problem, I do it all the time! on another note I do use the uncapper mod so I'm gonna give that a try, fingers crossed!

• 3 months later...
No, this is totaly SKSEs f*#@ up, my Skyrim worked perfect before I installed it, then tried mods that require SkyUI, (SkyUI needs SKSE) and everything went to Hell. Just about every forum/blog/post I've read is about users blaming themselves, try Skyrim without any SKSE. Works fine for me, just can't use my mods.