Help! SSE won’t launch!

Nikitaalexis
Go to solution Solved by Nikitaalexis,

I am new to modding and pc gaming (I did play this game on Xbox1 with about 10 of the same mods, and never had a problem). I have a pc that meets the recommend Skyrim SE specs. I just bought the game a couple of days ago, and have spent those days trying to figure out how to properly mod my game, while having the game launch on steam. I have steam and Skyrim moved to my c drive. I installed SSKE64 (for SSE), addresses library for SKSE64 plugins- all in one, part 1 engine fixes (through vortex), and I manually installed part 2 of engine fixes in my SSE folder. I have about 40 mods installed (including those 4 listed). Before I added any mods, the game would play. I tried to play the game again, but with about 10 mods that I downloaded directly from the game, and the game played. I also tried downloading some mods from vortex to use alongside the mods from Bethesda.net. Sometimes, the game would play, other times it would not. This time I tried to uninstall the mods from Bethesda. net, except for two (convenient horses, and the blue rose sapphire weapons), and the game still would not launch. So, I uninstalled those mods, and instead, downloaded convenient horses from nexus mods using vortex (along with my other mods). The game still would not work. I had disabled all of my mods, and the game still would not launch. It did not even show the launcher. At one point I tried to enable all of my mods, five at a time, and then try to launch the game to see which mod caused the issue. I was able to do this without issue (even with the SKSE64, addresses library for SKSE64 plugins- all in one, part 1 engine fixes) until I enabled the last five mods. So, I disabled then one at a time, and the game would not launch. I even disabled all of the five mods, and the game would not launch. I then disabled all of the mods, and the game would not launch. The, I uninstalled, and removed all of the mods ( including the SKSE64, addresses library for SKSE64 plugins- all in one, part 1 engine fixes) and deleted the archives, and the game still would not launch. There were no mods installed, and I still could not get the game to launch. I have tried launching it through steam, vortex, and the SKSE64_loader (when the SKSE64 was installed), and the game would not launch. On steam, the letters on the game turn green when it is running, and the launcher pops up, I click play, then the letters turn back to blue. The game never plays. I have tried lowering my video settings, I have updated my drivers, I have uninstalled and reinstalled mods, steam, and SSE multiple times, I have downloaded the C++ direct x Microsoft 2015-2019 (required for a mod), I have restarted my computer multiple times, verified my game files on steam multiple times, made sure that the language on steam was set to English, and a bunch of other things that I saw people were suggesting. Nothing worked. It is like the game decides that it is going to play one day, and not the next. I was able to use all of my mods except five (one from Bethesda.net), and the game played. Now, it will not work when there are not any mods installed, even though it worked before. I do not understand that, or why people who have hundreds of mods, can get there game to play, and I have about 40, and I can not get my game to play. I have contacted Bethesda.net, and one person game me a bunch of troubleshooting options that did not work, and another person thinks that my mods may be an issue. But, it does not make sense if they worked before, and now the game will not launch without mods. All of my mods are updated, and compatible with each other, and with SSE. Here is a list of my mods:

Bijin AIO 2020

Enhanced Blood Textures 3_8 NMM

Phenderix Magic Evolved - 4.0.0

AchievementsModsEnablerSSE

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - COMPLETE FULL

Arvak anywhere

Magical College of Winterhold

Bijin Warmaidens SE v3.1.3

Angelic halos and Demonic Horns

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended

Forces New Idles in Skyrim SE - FNIS SE - FNIS Behavior SE 7_6

Blaze Of Eventide

Unicorn SE

FenrirFireWolf

Emfy Cleric - Heavy armor

KS Hairdos SSE - Female

Allied Arvak v1.0

TDN Equipable Horns 2.0 Special Edition

Natural Eyes

Protect Your People SE 1.3

Bijin Wives SE 1.1.2

Bijin NPCs SE 1.2.1

SkyUI_5_2_SE

Seranaholic SSE 1.6

Enhanced Arvak

Flying Mod Beta by porroone and Flying Mod Overhaul by Indefiance (Converted for SSE) - FLYINGMODBETA v1.1

Simply Faster Horses (I did not enable this when starting the game, because it messed up the opening scene when I enabled it before).

RaceMenu High Heels Fixes

RaceMenu - RaceMenu Special Edition v0-4-16

Arvak Replace SSE

- Male npc Overhaul SE 6

Address Library for SKSE Plugins - All in one

Light Horses of Skyrim (Realistic body and fur) - FOMOD_allows to choose between from fur colors from both packes

Animated Wings Ultimate

Immersive Animations NMM Installer Complete

The Corral Redux

INIGO v2_3

Lustmord Vampire Armor SSE - Combined Colors - UNP - Physics - v3.0.3

Dragonblade - 2K Textures

Dragonblade - Increased Damage (Patch)

(Part 1) Engine Fixes

Skyrim Script Extender 64 (SKSE64).

The blue rose sapphire weapons... (from Bethesda.net, in-game mod download)

This is the exact load order I have (except the blue rose sapphire weapons..) Vortex automatically puts my mods in a load order, but there was a conflict with both the Dragonblade mods, so I put Deagonblade - 2K Textures before the other one. Since the blue rose sapphire mod is from Bethesda.net, I am not sure where that would be in the load order with my mods from vortex. Also, the only plugin that I have (under the plugin tab on vortex) is the flying one that my Animated Wings Ultimate is dependent on. I did not install the plugin, so I am guess that it was enabled when I downloaded the mod. I do not know what a plugin is, or where I get one, but that is the only one I have. I am not sure if my other mods are supposed to have one or not, and that is why I am having this issue. But, It seems weird that my mods would be the problem if they worked before, and now the game will not launch when there are no mods installed. Also, I can confirm that the SKSE64 was installed correctly, because I could use the RaceMenu (without dollar signs), and I saw the mod configurations for my Animated Wings, Enhanced Blood Textures, Immersive Animations, RaceMenu, and RaceMenu High Heels Fixes (I believe). Basically, everything that required the script was in the mod configurations menu in the game.

Edited by Nikitaalexis

Yes, I installed the mods, and enabled them. I only have one plugin, and it was enabled. I deployed the mods; Vortex usually does it automatically. If it doesn’t, a “deploy” button shows up. and I click on it for the mods to deploy. When I installed, and enabled the mods Dragonblade - 2K Textures, and Dragonblade - Increased Damage (Patch), Vortex told me that there was a conflict between the mods, and then it gave me the option of moving on mod before or after the other.

Yes, I installed the mods, and enabled them. I only have one plugin, and it was enabled. I deployed the mods; Vortex usually does it automatically. If it doesn’t, a “deploy” button shows up. and I click on it for the mods to deploy. When I installed, and enabled the mods Dragonblade - 2K Textures, and Dragonblade - Increased Damage (Patch), Vortex told me that there was a conflict between the mods, and then it gave me the option of moving on mod before or after the other.

So....what did you do?

Hopefully you set the Increased Damage Patch to LOAD AFTER

Did you install PART 2 of the Engine Fixes?