Inspiration needed for a race mod

Mishkax

well,i made a vampire race for my own personal use that im fairly satisfied with (though i still have some flaws to work out in it to be sure). but now in the meantime im wanting to make another race for personal use,i downloaded some modders resource stuff.im wanting to head in a dark direction with this one of course,but a proper backstory eludes me

the CSE stuff that eludes me primarily is how to make custom birthsigns work,i mean i found a necromancer birthsign in the gamefiles but i cant get it to function right

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for reference here is the vampire backstory i wrote up

"Immortuos Sanguine Epulone" "Mortis Vivus Aeterna"
" My chilren, "Mea Anima Corpus". The mortal plane "Mundus" lies before us. The beings of this plane, the mortals, have one fear above all. A fear that pervades there every action, word, and deed. This fear,turns even the sweetest joys, in the end, into dread and terror. This fear is of death. The total loss of agency. A bare whisper of self. Spending eternity torn between little glimpses of the mortal world,and utter oblivion. The sorrow this brings forth from the void is so strong, that it has tainted there world,and its beginning to poison ours as well. All of mortal religion, magic and culture is entirely focused on preventing this one thing, yet they always seem doomed to there mortal fate. An oversight and ignorance of the nine divines to be sure, but never-the-less, this ends here and now. We, In our great and dark mercy shall bring them the answer to there horror. In our unlife, our love and compassion will give them courage to face existence yet again. And our journey whence complete, shall realize our gift spread amongst all, being to being, Soul to Soul. Time is but an insult, Death is but an insult. And we are the cure. "
- Excerpt from Codex Domina Ultra Vivus, Chapter 19, Page 359 -

Well my first thought is: What is a birthsign in the first place? It is a constellation up at the Tamriel sky so if you wanna make one, you also need to create the stars and I bet that is gonna be a bit complicated.

I will see if I can figure it out... :wink: There are a couple of mods that are doing it so it shouldn't be impossible.

Birth Sign

To make your Birthsign is very easy as I understand it.

1. Click the Character menu
  2. Click Birthsigns...
  3. Right click under the current Birthsigns and choose new
  4. Voila

You need to make the spells first under Magic/Spells/Ability. Look at those beginning with BS as there is 11 of them.

Add the spell to your Birthsign in the Birthsign editor

Do not forget to add the stars in the sky as well... :wink:

Edited by Pellape

Well my first thought is: What is a birthsign in the first place? It is a constellation up at the Tamriel sky so if you wanna make one, you also need to create the stars and I bet that is gonna be a bit complicated.

I will see if I can figure it out... :wink: There are a couple of mods that are doing it so it shouldn't be impossible.

Birth Sign

To make your Birthsign is very easy as I understand it.

1. Click the Character menu
  2. Click Birthsigns...
  3. Right click under the current Birthsigns and choose new
  4. Voila

You need to make the spells first under Magic/Spells/Ability. Look at those beginning with BS as there is 11 of them.

Add the spell to your Birthsign in the Birthsign editor

Do not forget to add the stars in the sky as well... :wink:

yeah i tryed that already and you know what happened?not only did nothing happen when i tryed to choose it ingame,but then the game froze and crashed

and there is no need to be like that i dont intend to publish it

Damn... :/ Well then I do not know really... Damn odd... There are more bright ones here though that might have a clue what is going on...

well you make mods,got any race ideas?the only thing ive determined is i want to make something dark and unusual

i was thinking of going for the whole "failed lab experiment" race idea after encountering xaselm in the shivering isles last night,but i cant find any scar,stitch,or fitting tatoo mods for the hgec body

No I have not really. I mostly play Bosmers, not to good and not to evil, just semi of everything, fooling around completing quests. I usually start with archery and end up as a mage.

Textures are tricky and something I feel is the hardest part. You need to make your own I guess.

Edited by Pellape