Lonesome Road House Mod

Rouge2

I searched New Vegas Nexus and I cannot find a single house mod for the final major DLC for New Vegas.

I could see a Bunker or even a Vault being in either the first huge area in the beginning, Courier Mile, or near dead end at the fork in the road in the second area.

It has to be a vault for sure and positively it must have a bedroom, a kitchen, safe storage, and the benches. The most important thing it must have is a Medical facility. The size is that it must be small, like a few of the vault mods out there.

The need for such thing is very much reduced, considering most people complete old world blues before coming here. That mean you can just fast travel to the pass, travel back to mojave, then teleport to the sink to store loots, well rest, then get back. The wellrested time lost by doing so is compensated by the heavyweight of the loot here.

Anyway, if you really want to make a safe base for the Divide, i should state requirements:

- It must be near a fast travel point, meaning if you can just fast travel, walk a few steps and get in the base. example is the follower safehouse in mojave. This fast travel point should be at the center of the map to reduce fast travel time, but it's not a must-have requirement. set it right outside the missile HQ is fine, too

- it must have two workbenches and a hotplate (campfire) near each other, with upto three containers between them, in a few step distances. so that you can get near the three, retrieve the necessary items from the containers to make stuffs, then store it. example is the distance of the hotplate and workbench in the sink (the ammo bench is too far, so that is a minus point).

- it must have one well rested bed.

- it must have a autodoc capable of curing addictions. this is most necessary as you can heal hp by many means, but can only heal addictions by going to doctor or autodoc. Alternative is a modded NPC doctor in there so we dont have to get back to mojave to cure addictions.

- it's nice if there's a shop interface to sell loots for caps, with big purse and fast refresh rate. The Sink is one example. You prolly should add a script to make sure the shop autorefresh caps when it's running out.

where would be a good spot for the entrance? for now i have it behind the garage to the left when you exit the armoury into the town. house is nearly done but im having problems trying to figure out how to remove addictions because i dont know scripting very well. once i sort that all i need to do is find a way to add a shop and keep it lore friendly, ill link you guys when its done.

Edit: Ok then i found a script that cures addictions so with a bit of copy and pasting (and 4 houring trying to find errors because its a fallout 3 script ((that is in the new vegas code)) that referances other scripts that are not in new vegas) i got it, autodoc will be able to have the remove chem option just need to navmesh the house and it's done.

also should i clutter the house with misc items or just leave it for a player to put there own stuff in it?

Edited by StephenV25

A "hidden bunker home" would fit well with the lore, The divide is a pretty nasty place to live in/stay in. I mean top side there are lots of danger like ravaging sandstorms, radiation, the mark men and such.