I'm trying to import a modified head mesh into ModMaker but keep getting errors. Either "Input string was not in a correct format." when I'm doing what usually works, or "Exception: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index" when I change settings. I've already tried everything I could find online.
Here's what I have done and know so far:
- I didn't change any names of objects/groups/LODs
- same amount of vertices, none deleted or (re)added
- tried different import/export settings in Blender. --I used Blender 2.79 especially because some export setting(s) changed in 2.90 and I know the export options to use for 2.79.
- tried different scales, though it is obvious that just keeping everything at the default 1.000 is correct
- region time & check for commas in the OBJ file (there were none).
- running ModMaker as admin
- reset configs & deleted the cache
- SlimDX & DirectX11 are installed
- .NET Framework 4.8 (does it have to be 4.0?)
Like others before I tried just exporting the OBJ from ModMaker and re-importing it without any changes. That also doesn't work. At first I thought it was an export issue, but a hair mesh I've altered works just fine. So... I'm confused and don't know what else to try.
It's been hours and I'm starting to annoy myself a bit. It's not a drastic change or anything game-altering but I need to know:D
Any help is appreciated!
Edit: Even though the hair mesh I tested out today does import, when merged in ModManager the game stays on an infinite loading screen.
Edited by riley2, 23 February 2021 - 10:57 PM.