Accidentally deleted vanilla cell

Polov

Hey, I hope that someone can help me.

My mod was close to finishing, but during some final touches I accidentally deleted the vanilla cell - SpringvaleSchool01. I realized my mistake too late, when I already saved the mod and closed the GECK, so I couldn't revert the change and my previous version of my .esp goes way back.

Is there any way to restore the deleted vanilla cell?

I found two "solutions" online, the first one suggests to copy the cell from some intact .esp and make connections through doors anew. I couldn't make this to work, however, because the copied worldspace never appeared in my original .esp.

The second solution mentions that I should create another .esp that overwrites the changes from my original .esp, in my case it needs to overwrite (or replace) the missing SpringvaleSchool01 cell. But I don't understand how this works.

If someone knows how to do it, I can also send my .esp over.

Thanks in advance

This works, but I accidentally deleted some stuff from this cell before and now the state is reversed to my modded version. I need to somehow replace my modded cell with the original one.

I should probably somehow copy the original cell and overwrite it over my modded one but I don't know how to do this, if it's possible in FO3Edit.

EDIT: I think that I figured it out. I successfully copied the vanilla cell, overwriting my modded one. The only problem is that exiting the Springvale school now works but from the outside the door are still a static item, there's no connection to the outside word. I guess that I must copy more stuff, then it should work.

Edited by Polov

• 2 months later...

Just use FO3Edit to remove the edits to that cell(s) completely from the mod. This will revert it to full vanilla state as your mod no longer makes any changes there. Then start over making changes if you want to do something there. Or not.