Help with riposte scripting

DavidtheBard

Hey guys, I'm looking for help with scripting for a mod I'm working on. Essentially my goal is to increase the effectiveness and enjoyment of using shields in Skyrim. I've already managed to edit gameplay values in order to decrease the amount of damage taken when using a shield and increase the rate at which the amount of damage blocked increases per level. I want to add a riposte feature, which would activate a killmove when the player staggers a power attacking opponent with a shield bash and then attacks with their primary one-handed weapon. I would want the killmove to have a 75-85% chance of triggering. How do I go about scripting this? I'm totally new to Papyrus scripting, though I have worked with Python and Javascript. Any help would be seriously appreciated.

try taking a look at how the game scripts critical hit chances, and have a secondary requirement of being withing a specific time of successfully bashing an opponent.

so basically you're going to have a code that runs that checks for every attack if you have successfully bashed within X seconds, and if yes, runs the script for a kill move, based on the percentage of chance you choose for your riposte. i believe that would be how you would need to code it, i havent coded with papyrus yet, so the closest thing im linking it to is what experience ive had with java.

• 9 months later...