What I learned while playing with full patches and mods for F:NV/FWO

Deleted54170User

In preparation to install The Frontier DLC size Mod I removed several mods with patches for Fallout: New Vegas. Decided to open the BSA's in each mod to see what was in them. I looked using the FOMM version 0.14.14.5, and saw the BSA's all had many (often in two different full patch fixers for FNV's mods) identical patches from each resource the others made there patch mods fixers from and had used identical fixes from other modders fixes too.

It's amazing that I didn't have more CTD's! I actually got to play all the way to the endgame of Fallout Who Vegas without a CTD or any other corruption fizzling up F: NV. All because I used the latest updated versions of FOMM and LOOT most. I discovered zilav's recently. I like to play with all the mod organizers. It kind of makes me feel like a great boy scout for getting a badge because I know more than one way to light a campfire. FOMM, MO2, NMM, Vortex all so exciting to strip to the bone and find out if they have any last morsels vultures might want to pick at before I finish and choose the best one to keep.

Be Sure to read LOOT's updates. Drag the new folder (LOOT) out of the packaged LOOT zip with the mouse over to the top of C:\Program Files (x86) folder; to load the LOOT folder in C:\Program Files (x86); so it overwrites the old LOOT folder's content. Make sure you see the question asking you if you want to load LOOT into C:\Program Files (x86).

Doing so will assure LOOT's necessary parts are replaced without corrupting the old LOOT folders game file contents for the games you already have used it for.

I found zilav BSA Decompressor tool that cleans out identical BSA in all the Mod's files so there is only one of the identical ones found in all the BSA's so they reduce the size (Gigabytes) in your games mod's folders.

Before you click on Decompress be Sure to follow zilav's instructions that no other tools than the BSA Decompressor is running. Fallout: New Vegas turn it off, turn off your STEAM connection or any connection the Internet just to be on the safe side too. That means turn off the online connection to the game at STEAM too, turn off any "Mod Manager/s", turn off FNVedit, turn off the GECK, etc. or any other of the tool types, Notepad, Wordpad, Notepad ++ or any functioning tools that may conflict with the BSA tool as it is decompressing the games BSA's sorting through your game BSAs and preparing a decompressed setup for your game/s.

I got to the endgame of Fallout Who Vegas without a CTD or any other corruptions fizzling up F: NV with Fallout Who Vegas. FINALLY!