Nif Trouble: Botched Necklace Ground Model

Tathrin

Hello folks! I've been trying to make a ground/inventory model to match the necklace created here. I successfully chopped the amulet away from the cord in the ground model of the Skaal amulet, which forms the necklace part of the item. I even -- I thought -- successfully placed the small Azura's Star from the aforementioned mod onto said cord. It shows up fine in nifskope. In the CK render window and in the game it only shows the necklace cord, no star. Does anyone have suggestions for how to properly combine the two meshes into one item?

Everything I've found on making ground/inventory models tells me that they can be tricky, but since I'm block-pasting directly into the existing Skaal Amulet ground model (and I did the convert-to-LE-meshes-first trick!) I thought it would be okay...apparently not! Any help would be fantastic, thank you.

(I've attached the nif in question so you can hopefully better see what I'm doing wrong.)

Edited by Tathrin

• 1 month later...

vid by sun. easy ground nifs using only outfit studio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2gI-_nFchA

looked fixed - I didn't look at it in the CK. i just renamed it to one of my mods ground files and tested it off that item

I didn't move the mesh in anyway just copied the data off the template using outfit studio

Edited by spaz490