HUD mod troubles.

gh0stmachine

I'm attempting to make a more minimal HUD mod to suit my tastes. When you drain the stamina or endurance bars there is a dark gray (almost black) bar that runs behind the fill as a background. And although I have performed a few texture dumps trying to completely drain my endurance, I cannot seem to find it. Neither does it seem like removing any particular part of the normal HUD file affects it. I have came across a few texture files that I had thought may be the one I wanted but having edited them with proper aphas has not yielded the desired results. They are as follows; 18b02baf, 68b747a0, 6dc9a690 and 831676cc. Checking out a few of the HUD mods on the Nexus, it doesn't seem like they had the solution I am searching for. Does anyone here have some clues for me or technical data about whether or not I can even edit this part of the HUD? Thank you for any help you can provide.

http://i.imgur.com/NcaYfUy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Been tinkering. The prime suspects (2nd HP colorbar down on the HUD sheet, the small black square on the same sheet) turned out to both be dead ends. I've managed somehow to turn the cursed portion of the bar background blue, but I have absolutely no idea how. The black bar may well not be a texture fragment at all, and just an RGB + coordinates draw command somewhere, that type of thing is beyond my ken.

I'll let you know if I do manage to nail it, good luck.

That is what I was hoping against. I had tested removing the entire hud and still didn't get a dump with an affecting black texture so I it seemed like something I could not change with textures alone. Thanks for corroborating that idea though. I have no experience with actually modifying the game so I was hoping for something simple.