Custom Race's arms clipping through head

I started a really silly mod as an excuse to learn 3D modelling, and for the most part all has been well. This is the only real issue I've encountered I can't seem to resolve. My giant chicken NPC's arms clip through her head when she's doing animations such as drinking, etc. Is there a way to solve this? As a side note, I've tried with a hand bone and without a hand bone and both have the same issue. I was thinking of making an invisible fake hand, but I'm not sure that would solve it either as it seems the arm is what is clipping.

I have several phoenixes running well on the atronach skeletons, and I have spriggans and atronachs doing household chores running on human skeletons, so I'm okay with thinking abstractly when it comes to what qualifies as an (arm/leg/necke/etc) bone!

Thank you in advance, I am baby. Baby modder. Baby's first mod. If it seems obvious it might not be, please let me know if you have any ideas! The issue is the same both with and without armor. THANK YOU!

attachicon.gif phyllis.jpg

I started a really silly mod as an excuse to learn 3D modelling, and for the most part all has been well. This is the only real issue I've encountered I can't seem to resolve. My giant chicken NPC's arms clip through her head when she's doing animations such as drinking, etc. Is there a way to solve this? As a side note, I've tried with a hand bone and without a hand bone and both have the same issue. I was thinking of making an invisible fake hand, but I'm not sure that would solve it either as it seems the arm is what is clipping.

I have several phoenixes running well on the atronach skeletons, and I have spriggans and atronachs doing household chores running on human skeletons, so I'm okay with thinking abstractly when it comes to what qualifies as an (arm/leg/necke/etc) bone!

Thank you in advance, I am baby. Baby modder. Baby's first mod. If it seems obvious it might not be, please let me know if you have any ideas! The issue is the same both with and without armor. THANK YOU!

Hmm, maybe it's because part of the arms are weighted to the spine. I'll investigate and report back! Thanks for the idea!