CBBE preset issues and bodyslide tool problems

johnnyreimer

Guys, I desperately need help to get this to work. The location of my bodyslide tool is (D:) Steamlibrary/Steamapps/common/Skyrimspecialedition/data, right above the Caliente's Tool folder. I cannot for the life of me get CBBE to show up at the Outfit/body tab, everything is empty. I really, really want to get this entire thing to work, but for context I am a complete noob when it comes to mod tools and all that. I also downloaded the bodyslide and Caliente's CBBE through Vortex

Where do I save my downloaded presets? Should I download them manually or through Vortex, and how can I get CBBE to show up in the Outfit/body tab? I have also made sure that the Bodyslider's Game Data path is set to (D:) Steamlibrary/Steamapps/common/Skyrimspecialedition/data, as from the previous post in this topic mentioned that the tool should be run from the game folder.

I know the majority of you are very experienced with this sort of thing, I just hope some here can take pity and help me set this right, I really want to learn the program so presets for my character in the future won't be an issue. https://www.nexusmod...tab=description this is the mod I wish to use for an example.

Also, I am available through Discord if that makes the whole explanation process easier. I know it is a bit of a stretch to ask for a guide here, but I have spent so much time trying to find videos and other guides that might resolve my issues, but no luck.

Edited by johnnyreimer

The instructions for installing Bodyslide via Vortex are on the Bodyslide page and fairly straightforward.

- Install/enable/deploy the mod like any other mod

- Create bodyslide as a "Tool" shortcut in the vortex dashboard, making sure the "target" is directed to the bodyslide x64.exe in your Steam game data folder

There's even a visual guide to help. Once you have your Bodyslide running installing presets should work as expected too.

Bodyslide has it's own Discord server (link on the bodyslide page posts section) so feel free to join for more help if needed.

FWIW, once installed, you can also run Bodyslide & Outfit Studio like many of us do, using a shortcut from desktop. I have a dedicated group on my quickbar for all my Skyrim utilities so I can use them even if Vortex isn't running.

But to reemphasize something Hanaisse suggested, Make sure Bodyslide & Outfit Studio is installed PRIOR to installing any presets. If you fail to do so, any such preset won't show up, since the necessary folder structure hasn't been created until Bodyslide & Outfit Studio is installed.

Oh, and IFF that's the case, uninstall any such preset mods, and presuming Bodyslide & Outfit Studio has been successfully installed, reinstall them

PS> make sure once a new preset is installed that you add it to your current preset's list of acceptable "body/outfit" sources

FWIW, once installed, you can also run Bodyslide & Outfit Studio like many of us do, using a shortcut from desktop. I have a dedicated group on my quickbar for all my Skyrim utilities so I can use them even if Vortex isn't running.

attachicon.gif skryim_quckstart_group.jpg

But to reemphasize something Hanaisse suggested, Make sure Bodyslide & Outfit Studio is installed PRIOR to installing any presets. If you fail to do so, any such preset won't show up, since the necessary folder structure hasn't been created until Bodyslide & Outfit Studio is installed.

Oh, and IFF that's the case, uninstall any such preset mods, and presuming Bodyslide & Outfit Studio has been successfully installed, reinstall them

PS> make sure once a new preset is installed that you add it to your current preset's list of acceptable "body/outfit" sources

Thank you both for your help, and I am very sorry for the late reply, I'll make sure to be quicker about it in the future! I have gotten it to work, I am able to choose the various CBBE presets and such. I have unfortunately run into a new problem that one of my experienced modder friends cannot solve. The new issue goes as followed: Everytime I batch a new build, even when I have not chosen a preset, results in strange a strange inverted boob bug whenever I crouch/sneak. Not only that, there is a very unnatural boob slide, this goes for every female npc too whenever they move, their breasts and bodyframe also seem strangely smaller than the vanilla version and this goes for my companion Serana. This leads me to believe I am doing something wrong. I have I have not installed any sort of physic boob jiggle mod, and the armor I am currently wearing is the vampire armor from the Dawnguard dlc. It has caused me to reinstall both CBBE and the preset mods I use numerous times.

I have switched from Vortex to MO2 at my before-mentioned friend's request btw, in case this changes things in regards to issues/issue solving. I'd love to hear your advice on this, if it was a bad idea for someone as inexperienced as me with files, tools from installed mods, etc. Or if me using MO2 makes it easier to solve the issue.

Whichever mod manager you choose is up to you. For me, even though I'm an old fart with considerable experience as an engineer and a moderate amount of programming experience dating back to the early-mid 1980s, (both as part of my professional work and via other pursuits), I chose Vortex, since Nexus and Vortex are "BFFs" so to speak, and because Vortex handles a lot of the more messy tasks in the background without any substantial need for user "futzing" (including Loot - for load order issues, and FNIS, which one installed and initially configured can also become a background task...for instance, I haven't directly interacted with FNIS in over a year). Granted, like most of its detractors, I'm not fond of the "kiosk" user interface, (the big PS/2/3/4 style application interface) but MEH on that since it works well.

If you prefer MO2 go for it. I feel a slight need to warn you (as a "newb") that I see a lot of problems reported by MO2 users that I rarely if ever see from Vortex users, but each to his/her own.

Anyway, regarding your "strange a strange inverted boob bug whenever I crouch/sneak", I've seen that reported before in the forums although haven't personally experienced it myself.

Here are a couple of links I just snagged from a search on "skyrim crouch sneak problem with HDT breasts"

https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/1699415798765096703/

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7164696-skyrim-cbbe-body-problems/

(PS> you could also use "skyrim special edition" instead of "skyrim" in that search case there's some SE specific solution or patch).

Best I can offer, since my only reference is the memory of others who've posted the issue. Hope it helps.

Ok, I didn't notice the link to the preset you wanted to use in your first post before (did you just add it?) but herein lies your problem.

>"I have I have not installed any sort of physic boob jiggle mod.."

That preset IS physics based.

So first decide what body type you want for your game. If you want that preset you'll need to uninstall CBBE. That preset is not CBBE based (the body types conflict), and you'll need to download all the requirements of that preset mod for the physics, most importantly the XPMSE skeleton which the lack thereof is causing your inverted chest issue.

Shoot , you're right Hannaise. I missed that line myself.

----

Johnnyreimer,

even a stock CBBE body will allow breast and butt movement, (no belly or thigh, or...."other") But it requires CBPC to be installed, and ideally (IMO), also Sinful CBP (for managing your movement type

You'll also need to build your body using the CBBE Body Physics model for the "body/outfit" selection in Bodyslide, and a suitable CBBE-compliant preset for the Preset selection. (not all bodyslide presets are CBBE compliant)

CBPC

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21224

Sinful CBP

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24313

IFF you want a body with even more realism, consider installing CBBE-3BBB

For that one, you'll need CBBE installed, as well as CBPC and HDT-SMP, and your body would be built using one of the SE .... 3BBB Body Amazing Body/outfit entries (ex: SE ygNord 3BBB Body Amazing) and a CBBE-3BBB complain preset.

(alternatively, you could choose to use BHUNP (effectively UNP -3BBB), but I'd recommend that you leave that alone for now since you're new to all of this, AND working with BHUNP in Bodyslide can be messy since Bodyslide wants to use CBBE textures in its preview/working screen, which doesn't work out so well for UNP-family bodies due to differences in the two fundamental mesh types (CBBE-family, UNP-family) and associated textures (or 'UV maps' as UNP fans often correct me) .

in any case, if you want the ability to fine-tune your body in-game using racemenu down the road, you'll want to make sure to check the Build Morphs checkbox in Bodyslide prior to hitting the build button, which generates a ".tri" file that is used by racemenu. I'd recommend it. I have it permanently checked, so that I don't find out later that I forgot, have to close the game, rebuild my body/ armor, and go back to the game.

edit: (hopefully the last edit): pay careful attention to the "requirements" tab (nexus mods anyway) for any and all mods before installing them, Always install or ensure you've already installed "required" mods, prior to installing a given mod with such requirements

Hello again! So I downloaded and installed those recommended mods. HDT, XPMSE, etc and it seemed to have fixed the boob issue entirely. My only grief is that XPMSE seems to have an annoying effect when it comes to magic. Concentration spells(Flames for an example) just feels outright wonky and the arms don't move when you move around while casting. Besides that, I think I am getting a better understanding of the bodyslide tool. I really do want to keep using Touched By Dibella, but it was said that I had to uninstall CBBE. I was wondering if simply deactivating it would also work?

I am still trying to work out exactly what boxes to tick, what preset/outfits to choose and so on. I am super grateful for the help, from both of you :smile:

Another question before I'm heading back to fiddle around with bodyslide is the following: Is it possible to have two characters(One is a vampire the other is a warrior) with different bodies, without having to batch build over and over everytime you want to switch character?

EDIT: It seems like Touched By Dibella has not received a lot of love from modders. It seems like CBBE is the best bet for when it comes to compatible armor mods such as Immersive armor. Do any of you know any good CBBE presets? I've managed to find a few good ones, but they are all from Oldrim

Edited by johnnyreimer

Hello again! So I downloaded and installed those recommended mods. HDT, XPMSE, etc and it seemed to have fixed the boob issue entirely. My only grief is that XPMSE seems to have an annoying effect when it comes to magic. Concentration spells(Flames for an example) just feels outright wonky and the arms don't move when you move around while casting. Besides that, I think I am getting a better understanding of the bodyslide tool. I really do want to keep using Touched By Dibella, but it was said that I had to uninstall CBBE. I was wondering if simply deactivating it would also work?

I am still trying to work out exactly what boxes to tick, what preset/outfits to choose and so on. I am super grateful for the help, from both of you :smile:

Another question before I'm heading back to fiddle around with bodyslide is the following: Is it possible to have two characters(One is a vampire the other is a warrior) with different bodies, without having to batch build over and over everytime you want to switch character?

EDIT: It seems like Touched By Dibella has not received a lot of love from modders. It seems like CBBE is the best bet for when it comes to compatible armor mods such as Immersive armor. Do any of you know any good CBBE presets? I've managed to find a few good ones, but they are all from Oldrim

Ok, I didn't notice the link to the preset you wanted to use in your first post before (did you just add it?) but herein lies your problem.

>"I have I have not installed any sort of physic boob jiggle mod.."

That preset IS physics based.

So first decide what body type you want for your game. If you want that preset you'll need to uninstall CBBE. That preset is not CBBE based (the body types conflict), and you'll need to download all the requirements of that preset mod for the physics, most importantly the XPMSE skeleton which the lack thereof is causing your inverted chest issue.

Whichever mod manager you choose is up to you. For me, even though I'm an old fart with considerable experience as an engineer and a moderate amount of programming experience dating back to the early-mid 1980s, (both as part of my professional work and via other pursuits), I chose Vortex, since Nexus and Vortex are "BFFs" so to speak, and because Vortex handles a lot of the more messy tasks in the background without any substantial need for user "futzing" (including Loot - for load order issues, and FNIS, which one installed and initially configured can also become a background task...for instance, I haven't directly interacted with FNIS in over a year). Granted, like most of its detractors, I'm not fond of the "kiosk" user interface, (the big PS/2/3/4 style application interface) but MEH on that since it works well.

If you prefer MO2 go for it. I feel a slight need to warn you (as a "newb") that I see a lot of problems reported by MO2 users that I rarely if ever see from Vortex users, but each to his/her own.

Anyway, regarding your "strange a strange inverted boob bug whenever I crouch/sneak", I've seen that reported before in the forums although haven't personally experienced it myself.

Here are a couple of links I just snagged from a search on "skyrim crouch sneak problem with HDT breasts"

https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/1699415798765096703/

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7164696-skyrim-cbbe-body-problems/

(PS> you could also use "skyrim special edition" instead of "skyrim" in that search case there's some SE specific solution or patch).

Best I can offer, since my only reference is the memory of others who've posted the issue. Hope it helps.