Torture shackles, creation kit

luul

hello
I have been trying to get a copy of the dark brotherhood torture chamber working in my own mod, especially the npc-stuck-to-the-shackles part
i was so happy when i saw my own npc hang from the shackles all sad, but when i hit her, she fell off, the shackles opened automatically. linked all of them together, they even had the exact same ai packages, and i mean every single detail
they weren't connected to anything else but an enablemarker, but if that'd be the solution, that'd be really
really
really stupid.

the ck wiki doesn't really say anything about them, there is no tutorial on youtube, and believe me i googled for hours before actually opening a new topic here
m-m-m-maybe someone here could help me? :>

• 6 months later...

Oh man, I FINALLY get to help someone, usually I'm the one needing help, although I'm half a year too late for the OP.

But, since I tried finding the solution to this topic for the last 12 hours and couldn't find it anywhere via Google, at least I can document the answer here in case someone else comes looking later.

You have to run the SetRestrained() function on the NPC in the shackles. In the Dawnstar Sactuary, this function is run on the torture victims when you purchase the torture chamber upgrade in the quest to repair the sanctuary.

The wiki has details for using the SetRestrained() function.

http://www.creationkit.com/SetRestrained_-_Actor

Hope this helps someone.

• 2 years later...