Can't add mods from file. Says "Incomplete" in the downloa

FaerosGaming

Hi, lately I've been downloading mods at a snail's pace, most of the time 8kb/s... Since I was downloading about 10GB of mods that day, I gave up and tried a manual download. I put all the downloaded files in my own folder, and then clicked "Add Mod From File". The selected mod, from my own folder, appears in the download bar with the status "Incomplete". I did delete the mods from the downloads folder in Games > Nexus Mod Manager where the total download progress gets stored. HEEEEEEEEELP?

• 7 months later...

I've had this problem before. The biggest factor is the speed and strength of your internet, then it's the processing power of your computer. Besides that, the size of the file and the number of files you download at a time is the only thing you can control.

I recommend downloading one file at a time, that's what I do. It takes longer, but you save time in the long run by avoiding incomplete downloads.

• 3 months later...

ive had the same issue with the incomplete status of my mods, and have tried doing 1 at a time and keep getting the same issue, with every single mod. i also tried the "download with nmm" option and a screen pops up saying file does not exist, every single time. im at a loss here guys, if anyone can help id be appreciated. and its not just today as some posts are suggesting, for me it has been the last 3 days for "incomplete" and week or so for "file does not exist".

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

having same problem with a certain SL file i clicked install on a different mod works fine tried again with the SL one and NMM keeps saying incomplete fil cant be added

help?

I have the same issue when I try to add a SL file. I'm able to download all other mods just fine.

• 1 year later...

i get the same, and increasingly with skyrim se mods.

if i manually download them and try to add them the same errors.

if i extract them then recompress them to 7zip i can then add them, but the nexus links are lost.

what the hecks going on nmm devs, have you disabled adding mods compressed as zip and rar or some arbitrary limitation? this is wasting a lot of people's time and a lot of your bandwidth.

Edited by Johnline

looks like that's exactly what happened, explains the can't find mods list bug at nmm's startup after recent updates. zip and rar files are ignored or can't be read, and i'm wasting an hour converting old mods to .7z so they can reappear and be used in nmm.

please tell us this stuff devs, or better yet fix it. two thirds of the mods hosted on your site AREN'T 7zip

Edited by Johnline

• 1 month later...

maybe it has something to do 64bit/32bit rar/zip installed. mine just doing fine no problems with my nmm but my friend only has 32bit os with 32bit rar/zip installed and has the same problem and only 7zip mods goes through.

Edited by memnoch000