Skin or shader error?

DaosRequiem

Been having a little problem with something in skyrim, I have a few mods like cbbe and apachiiskyhair. Haven't been having any problems with any of my mods but loe and behold I find this. A bug of some sort that doesn't seem to be attached to any mod at all. I have been surfing the web to no avail and bugging around with the CK and yet nothing I try has seemed to make a difference.

So what happened is Delphines face. I believe It might have something to do with a shader error of some sort since its not on her skin or anything. As if its a texture or shader error attached to her face. When you see her in game she has black vertical lines down the front of her face that end around the tip of her nose. I haven't been able to get rid of it in any way and have checked the skyrim source file without any mods active in the CK and it is still there so I am under the assumption that it may not be a mod that has caused this at all. I have left a reference image below. I hope someone else knows what this is so that I can get some tips on how to fix it.

http://i49.tinypic.com/30bmcl3.png

It's not in the CK, but go to...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Textures\Actors\character\FacegenData

... and find Delphine's texture, which will be her in-game ID. You can find her ID in the CK by hovering the mouse over her name.

Once you have found the texture, just open it in whatever program and see. :)

It's not in the CK, but go to...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Textures\Actors\character\FacegenData

... and find Delphine's texture, which will be her in-game ID. You can find her ID in the CK by hovering the mouse over her name.

Once you have found the texture, just open it in whatever program and see. :smile:

Alright now this has been done. I found it and yes it has lines on it, as well as others I have seen in the game as well. Now how can I fix this?

oh, you can try exporting the facegendata and it might fix it for you, here's a guide:

I started with the grey face bug, so I used the bug fixes I found on google to export the facegen data, that resulted in what you (and I) have now, grey faces with lines on them, but maybe it'll work for you.

Nat

I know from experiance this happens when there are mods installed that add warpaint or other face textures that are larger than the vanilla skyrim ones. The only way I found to get rid of them is to export with all those mods disabled/uninstalled and then use their files to manually add warpaint and things to the generated files

I know from experiance this happens when there are mods installed that add warpaint or other face textures that are larger than the vanilla skyrim ones. The only way I found to get rid of them is to export with all those mods disabled/uninstalled and then use their files to manually add warpaint and things to the generated files

I'll give that a try, I didn't install any, but I know some mod races that I have put some in there, thanks for the tip :)

Thankyou Hangman!

I decided that it was far better to carry out a second "clean" installation of Skyrim rather than messing with my game setup, and although all the NPCs now look rather freaky compared to on my game setup, they do now have proper faces! So, I'll copy the data from the clean install to my game install and hopefully everything should be fine, or atleast, I'll go see what they look like lol