Skin or shader error?

DaosRequiem

Thankyou Hangman!

I decided that it was far better to carry out a second "clean" installation of Skyrim rather than messing with my game setup, and although all the NPCs now look rather freaky compared to on my game setup, they do now have proper faces! So, I'll copy the data from the clean install to my game install and hopefully everything should be fine, or atleast, I'll go see what they look like lol

Damn... I was very much hoping to get an answer besides reinstall the game lolz...

You could try re-generating every single NPC face data in the game, though that would take a while. I'm not sure if removing the facegen files has any consequences, so you could try that. Just don't delete them in case it doesn't work. ;)

The problem is that the CK has problems reading face files like warpaint and dirst and all that good stuff that is of a higher resolution or different compression than the original files. The one things I have not checked though is if it will read them if they are packed in a .bsa

It might be that the CK just has a problem with loose files. It would be a very odd problem in deed. But hey, stranger things have happened.