Total Conversion or total new game... where to begin?

Klipperken

Greetings all:

INTRO

By know everyone knows of Cyberpunk, and some might know of a similar, but far more advanced role play game (Pen'n'Paper, TopDown/Turnbased RTS digital Game) Shadowrun.

For those that do not: Shadowrun is a Pen'n'Paper (die cast game) by FASA - Fantasy Productions - Catalyst Game Labs set in 2050 original, but now sits around 2090, and has basically the same feeling as Cyberpunk.
There are noticable differences: Shadowrun is not only VASTLY more deadly, it also features Elves, Dwarves, Orcs and even a few Trolls.
It also features a ton of magical beings, such as Daemons, Vampires, Ghouls, Banshee, ...
On top of that... well... the President is no less a Great Northern Dragon, named Dunkelzahn.
Needless to say, it has magic... in all different forms...
The corrupt world is lead by Corporations that fight among one another, either covert or overt, by all means necessary.

The Police/Enforcement there is abnormal hard, and the top Enforcers, called Psycho Cops, do not mind leveling a few blocks to get to one person.

Yes... it is that insane...

It has all that CP has (literally) and more, SO much more.
We got the normal things: Street Samurai, Deckers, Fixers, ...
But we also have various styles in Magic, such as Physical Adepts (magically buffed combatants), Shamans, Mages, Elementalists, Necromancers, Summoners, ...
Besides the constant threat of the police and other enforcement systems, the threat of the Corporations that do not care shooting a few unlucky bystanders, we also have the supernatural threats.
In short, it is a wonderful, hyper-deadly reality, that, until today, not has been addressed in PROPER way, to PC...

The Idea:
To bring this into a Realtime FPS, where your personal cunning will be far more important than your ingame skill set.

While CP did a reasonable job with the realm of Cyberpunk, I miss the advanced version of Shadowrun, which was darker, grittier, deadlier, more menacing, more... dare I say... Blade Runner, but with Elves, Deamon Critters and Magic.

Being a Decker then, is a fairly "useless" character, since normally, if we obey the lore correctly, they basically "live" in the Matrix, being "actually logged in in that cyber reality" (yes, it is _to them (Dekcers) at least_ their reality.
If this is to be implemented... we will need to find a way around this.

However, before that, I will need to find a team that has an interest in doing this, a team that should understand the massiveness, and the time needed to make this work.

The Question:
To get to the question: Where could I best look for a team, that is interested in doing free work (thus unpaid, as this will be a mod (I think, this will depend on the team (YES the team will get a full saying in the matter))), and this consistently (which might be the biggest issue).

As this is a second attempt to create a massive mod, and the previous one being ages ago (the time of FO - New Vegas), I have absolutely no idea where to begin.

Thank you.

Deeper information on Shadowrun:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun

(Having the Source Books and understanding, is _obviously_ a plus.)