NPC face is just teeth and eyes

attackontitan

Hi,

To make this really short, I have been using Bijin pretty much all the time I recently fancied a change up and decided to use the re-imagined shield sisters and Jarls. The issue I am having is that Bijin and re-imagined mod do not play nice as re-imagined. For example both Maven Black-Briar and Irilieth have terrible faces when I tell Vortex to load re-imagined after Bijin, in a attempt to fix this I decided to go into Bijin and deleted the conflicts of Maven and Irileth, however, when ever I see Maven she is just teeth and eyes with no head. I would appreciate support on how to make these mods play nice or just flat out tell me to pick one or the other.

We're a bit new at this, but we have run into it.

Elsewhere on this forum, this kind of result is caused by changing mod-orders, or adding or subtracting mods, in the "middle of a playthrough."

When you change mod orders or add or subtract mods, the experts on the forums say, they always advise to just start a new game, so any new mods added or new mod-order references can get "baked into the new saves."

Sometimes, if you don't want to lose some playthrough in-game-progress, you can return to Vortex to reset your mod order to the way you had it, in save number 41, let's say, and then reload save 41 and re-start from there.

While in that save, your character can visit the NPC's to see if their faces are back to tolerable.

Saved games keep "metadata and references" from older mod-orders, and this data can mess up texture paths, and thus give you floating teeth, eyes, purple trees, purple armors, or whatever.

This happens especially with mods that have replacement meshes and textures inside them.

What we started doing (2 of us at this PC) is just making a habit of whenever we want to experiment with adding a mod or rearranging mod-orders, we start by making a new Vanilla Skyrim Profile in Vortex.

We then start a new game, where others may use the "A New Life Mod" (something like that?) to get past the Intro.

Once we're past the intro into Helgen Keep, we copy a safe early game saved from a Vanilla profile with no mods, that we can add to our saved-games folder, and then in-game load that up, so as to progress past Helgen Keep.

Then we can enable the mods we want in our newest Vortex Profile. Hope this helps/points.

GL.