[LE] Scrub In the Deep End. MO2 and Creation Kit.

Okay so, like I am trying to make a "Stable" yet full as hell mod load order and you know its about 80% there. I can't help but come to the conclusion that a lot that remains to be fixed will be patches that I will undoubtebly make in CK, including NavMesh fixes. So I diligently started to try and work on CK but I cant get it to save a mod when I run it through Mod Organizer 2. I did the whole inifile set up, I dont get it cuz my MO and Skyrim is not saved in ProgamFiles but a "games" file I made on C drive.

Do I need to set admin to MO2 and CK?

I am running on Win10 64bit

To make it clear, this is for Skyrim Legendary Edition, not Special Edition. And I don't want the topic to be about "play/Mod SE". I just want to finally "finish" my dream LE set up (and play teh hell out of it) before making a new, probably different SE setup. Or seeing if I can convert it all into SE and break SE

I did this step too

Start the Creation Kit through the Steam context menu.

Once the Creation Kit is loaded, exit the program.
Navigate to the Skyrim folder (where CreationKit.exe is located) and open SkyrimEditor.ini.
At the bottom of the [General] section, add the line "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1".
Locate the line starting with "SArchiveList=" and after Update.bsa add ", Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa".
Locate the line starting with "SResourceArchiveList2=" and after Update.bsa add ", Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa".
Save and close the file.

but when I try to make a mod save it says

File Error Invalid Directory

Given the amount of Mods there are I am worried a second skyrim folder which I swap out for the clean one that has no mods so I can work on CK will just end up really messy, and I very much enjoy the bsa/loose file load order of MO. For now I will experiment and see if I can make some basic mod added cells have the same lighting styles as ELFX-hardcore.esp as well as see if I can add a light to the Live Another Life starting Cell so that when I run Mator Smash it to smash ELFX and and LAL together (which fixes the conflict but makes the bed so dark its hard to spot and you have no torches yet so yeah..)

Ultimately my aim is to fix broken navmeshes in conflicting mod areas and cell edits that cause CTDs because of conflicts. And a couple of facegen bugs. If along the way I can learn to slice up mods and reshuffle them so they fit together (city expansion mods) that would be great too. But yeah, for now I have focused more on additional NPCs/Quests/Mobs/Dungeons and places to go and visit than expanding the towns. I would love to expand Solitude Windhelm and Whiterun but to make the collection of expansion mods I want to see together, work together I will need to be a bit less noob. Right now my game is in a state where I can play most of it but I find a couple of chronic CTD areas scattered through out the world. (definately not corrupted NIFs though fixing those really helped fixing a few areas).

I will make other posts for the other things. I just cant work out this saving issue, and I wonder if I should even bother trying to make CK run nicely through MO which would avoid me having to copy mods around to a secondary skyrim folder etc. I am surprised skyrim works at all given all the error messages I get when opening just the base game ESMs in CK.

Edited by mangaboy111

Are you able to start the CK outside of MO2 and save a new plugin? If not, then there may be an issue with your CK install.

As far as running through MO2, it shouldn't be an issue and shouldn't have to make any changes to the INI file other than what you've already indicated. But at the same time, when I was making mods for LE, I was still using MO1. I cannot be 100% certain that MO2 does not have issues with 32-bit CK and vice versa.

Yeah I can save outside of MO2. I just double checked I can and made a TestMyPlug.esp, no error message and checked it was in Data folder and it was.

You mentioned potential mess up with 32/64bit difference. I started in MO1 and went to 2 because wrye bash kept installing as 64bit. Anyway because I knew maybe one day I will want to reuse MO1 I made MO2 just use MO1's profile and Mods folder. So I ran MO1 and I still had the same profile as I had in MO2 (even the overwrite files from a tes5clean back up were there) and ran CK tried to save and boom.

hguyOjZ.jpg

So thanks for making me try MO1 and CK. I checked in my Overwrite folder and there is the TestMyPlugs2.esp

Best thing is I dont have to move any thing around, as MO1 and 2 share the same mods and profile folder. I wish navmesh conflicts just worked too.

Incase anyone with the same issue finds them selves here, all you need to do is install Mod Organizer 1 and set its directory in the settings menu of Mod Organizer to use Mod directory of MO2 and profile directory of MO2 and you should have a backwards version of what I have and you can make changes to your load order that will save across MO1 and 2. Make sure to make actual profiles and not just Default though.

Edited by mangaboy111