Titan armor with grapple

JuronValor

I tried to do this, but for some reason if I give this ability to the armor, only the grapple model present on the titan, the ability not present in combat at all... :\

My limited knowledge ends here sadly.

Can please some one help with this?

Edit: appears to me after some trie and test, grapple is not working on armors which don't have this ability normaly. The grapple is there, but no effect.

Edited by JuronValor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I have done this, but it only works with Xcom Enemy Within. I used the ResourceHacker to edit the .exe

The grapple ability works with every suit and the model is displayed properly on the (left) forearm.

Xcom: Enemy Within = XComEW.exe

When the .exe is opend it is under : RCDATA/1020/1030

Properties[0]=eAP_Grapple, Properties[1]=eAP_None, Properties[2]=eAP_None, Properties[3]=eAP_None, strName="", iType=eItem_ArmorKevlar,

Properties[0]=eAP_Grapple, Properties[1]=eAP_None, Properties[2]=eAP_None, Properties[3]=eAP_None, strName="", iType=eItem_ArmorCarapace,

Properties[0]=eAP_Grapple, Properties[1]=eAP_None, Properties[2]=eAP_None, Properties[3]=eAP_None, strName="", iType=eItem_ArmorSkeleton,

Properties[0]=eAP_Grapple, Properties[1]=eAP_PoisonImmunity, Properties[2]=eAP_FireImmunity, Properties[3]=eAP_None, strName="", iType=eItem_ArmorTitan,

Properties[0]=eAP_Grapple, Properties[1]=eAP_PoisonImmunity, Properties[2]=eAP_FireImmunity, Properties[3]=eAP_AirEvade, strName="", iType=eItem_ArmorArchangel,

Properties[0]=eAP_Grapple, Properties[1]=eAP_PoisonImmunity, Properties[2]=eAP_FireImmunity, Properties[3]=eAP_None, strName="", iType=eItem_ArmorGhost,

Properties[0]=eAP_Grapple, Properties[1]=eAP_Psi, Properties[2]=eAP_None, Properties[3]=eAP_None, strName="", iType=eItem_ArmorPsi,

Search for the suit and stay in this horizontal line. There are Properties[0], [1], [2] and [3] which represent the abilities from the suit. eAP_None meens it is free and you can exchange it to eAP_Grapple,

Make a backup of the original file before you edit it (in case something goes wrong).

Edited by Max1944