Okay so I am almost certain that the reason entering the Dawnstar cell = CTD is a navigation mesh error because I have Interesting NPCs, Cutting Room Floor, Inconsequential NPCs, Sanctuary Reborn, Legacy of the Dragonborn and Expanded Towns and Cities, but I want to be sure I get all the mods that affect the area (and there could be some in adjacent cells as I know some of Mihails awesome monster mods could affect it too) Everything is fine until I step into dawnstar (or in this case climb over a wall because I am freezing to death and I need an Inn) and then it instantly crashes.

I've never done this before so I wanna check if this would be a valid way.

Anyway I am thinking, opening my entire load order in TesEdit, checking the dawnstar cells for conflicts in the Update/skyrim ESM? Make a new profile, load those mods in. Make them ESM flagged. Make a smashed patch and rename it (this will mean that say two buildings are near each other, well they will both be there, even if they intersect) open this all in CK, make the smashed patch the active mod, check for overlapping buildings, rearrange if needed. Delete overlapping nav meshes, rebuild nav meshes in the area by hand, finalize. Save into this smashed patch and rename it Dawnstar compatibility.esp (so its not resmashed when I do smash all?) or something and test? Maybe load the "compatibility" below the actual Smash All smashed patch?

Rather than Deleting what I will find in CK, should I "drag it beneath the ground" as suggested in this post?
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8162628-how-to-fix-entire-navmesh-deletion/?hl=%2Bnavmesh

Edited by mangaboy111