As Night Began - Now Recruiting!

ub3rman123

As Night Began: Recruits needed!

I am in need of team members for my Skyrim project, As Night Began.

Project Summary

As Night Began is a massive project that focuses on a conflict between the Orcs of the ruined city of Orsinium and the people of Wayrest, a port city in southeast High Rock. It has a lengthy questline featuring explosions, vampires, a few shady assassins, the Numidium, a massive desert, and an Argonian healer who has a horrible fear of rats.
I've been working on this mod for the last year or so, but I've recently figured that I do not possess all of the skills necessary to bring it to completion. So, to that end I'm looking for people to join a team to work with me on it.

The following positions will need to be filled before the team is complete and the project begins.

• Project Lead - ub3rman123
  • Scripter(s)
  • Interior designer(s) - Mellophonist, Chacotaco91, ub3rman123
  • Exterior designer(s) - ub3rman123
  • NPC creator(s) - Indigoblade

Positions may be filled by multiple people or vice versa. I'd like for all of the positions to be at least minimally filled before I proceed.
Since I've already written the storyline and created most all of the world, much of the work is already done aside from actually creating the quests. I am definitely open to suggestions or changes to the plot, world, characters, etc. and am happy to change things as need be. You can see the full plotline posted here ,along with a few sidequests.

If you want to join the project, please either post here or message me.

Full World Map

For a full map of the created worldspace, see here, where I've uploaded a composite overview. I suggest opening the image in a new tab for a closer look.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like those screenshots, looks like solid work

u havent asked for it but, i could possibly edit flora/terrain textures/meshes/LOD to make ur worldspace unique. also pretty good at weather, lighting and imagespaces

im also able, but not highly experenced, at making NPCs. good at facegen, names, stats etc. but cant do dialogue or quest stuffs. can also produce music but thats a somewhat conditional offer, because it takes so long.

im already involved with another new world project though so id probably only join this one if its not too far from completion

pm me if interested

either way best of luck ill hope to catch the release of this

Edited by Ichibu

I LOVE MAKIN NPCS! When you say making npcs what exactly do you mean? Dialog, voice acting, personalities, stories, ect are so much fun to do!

I would be up for dungeon design. I'm currently working on my first main story sized quest mod and in doing so have familiarized myself with all the techniques of how to create dungeons and scripting events from the creation kit tutorials released by Bethesda and hours of trial and error.

I currently know.

• the basics of level layout and flow of levels
  • cluttering world spaces
  • Navmeshing (I would only be able to do this in dungeons, navmeshing an entire continent would be a huge project needing a large team unless your using resources already used in game.)
  • optimizing small interior spaces for best rendering performance
  • lighting and shadowing
  • linking world spaces together
Im not claimig to be an expert in these fields but I have a more then basic understanding of them so there would bound to be some flaws. (nothing alpha testing cant solve.) This mod sounds like it has a lot of potential so in short I would very much like to be a part of it. With the news that Bethesda isn't releasing anymore DLC you can really sell (not literally, that would be illegal lol) this as a Nexus first, Bethesda sized DLC made by modders for modders. Edited by mellophonist

Ichibu and Indigoblade: Experience with crafting NPCs is definitely most useful. I plan to make the cities in the mod, particularly Wayrest itself, to be more filled with NPCs than the vanilla game. I intend to accomplish this by having most houses be inaccessible 'dummy' cells, and to give most NPCs a very basic AI set. I don't know how far the backstory/dialogue for such generic NPCs would go, but that could be up to you.

mellophonist: If you are able to make dungeons, that would be most handy. A lot of the worldspace is dotted with dungeon entrances that I haven't made a dungeon for, and there are also many places that simply need more attention. I can create a list of areas that would be better with a dungeon and you can pick and choose as you want what you'd want to work on.

With more people interested, I'll see about converting the mod into a .esm to allow for simultaneous work, and where to upload it.

I'd love to help.

This past month I've taken the time to learn the CK so I'm likely similar to mellophonist's skills (though he/she appears a bit better than myself).

I could decently contribute in:

-Navmeshing

-vvveerrryyy basic scripting

-Dungeon/interior design

-Optimization

-writing and dialogue

I can't do voice acting atm as I don't possess a mic, though this might change. I'm also a huge nerd and pretty good at brainstorming all things fiction and fantasy.

Sounds good to me! And one quick question, and it probably seems like a dumb one but this is my first collaborative mod, do I just get a copy of the .esm and make changes to it in the CK then save it and give you a list of what I changed? Or is it a little more complex.

chacotaco: Sounds good, I can give you the same tasks.

I've just converted the file to a .esp, so from this point forward alterations will be made by creating .esp files. What might be good is each person simply make their own .esp and add to it as they go. I'll be posting it soon, probably after the weekend, along with a writeup of potential dungeon locations and suggestions.

After I see a few samples, we can hopefully start on creating the dungeons for the main quest. We may find a scripter/questbuilder, which is the major thing we need right now. If not, I'll try throwing myself at the tutorials hard as I can.

I'm not very familiar with how mod merging works. Do you need a separate program, or is it fairly straight forward to add esp and esm in the CK?

Also, you should start a wordpress/blogspot site so we can compile ideas, show progress, and keep things organized.

Have you written some basics synopsis for the settings and plots?